Why do guys in their late 30s want to date women in their 20s?

Ok my exgirlfriend is engaged to a 38 old ass , why can't guys that old date woman there on age? Why go chasing after younger woman? I can't understand at all

20

Most Helpful Guy

• Because they can't stand women their age and then go for girls much younger as they are easier to manipulate. It's a way for these guys to feel young again.

• Completely wrong. Younger women just have more to offer. In terms of child bearing years looks and emotional availability.

What Guys Said 19

• Most women around his age have a lot of baggage, like kids, ex husbands, or are career focused. Women in their 20s are still free of a lot of stuff and more likely to be a bit more adventurous energetic and possible more sexually exciting.

• I see its all about the sex drive lol, but they dont have absolutely nothing in common, im more compatible to them then a 38 year old would lol

• Im young good looking , I ain't gonna lie I did gave her a hard time when we use to date , I broke up with her and decided to fuck her friend 3years latter I find her agian , and I want her back and what did I find out she's engaged to an old ass , I work for an auto agency. This man pays rents. I mean really at 38 he can't own a home. he probably didn't even go to college but I could be wrong.

• Listen kid. If you can't buy a house cash then you can't afford one. Maybe just maybe he wants to skip a thirty yer loan and just saveoney by rentinf longer.

• I think the problem here is that you didn't treat her the way she deserved to be treated and now that she has found a guy that does. Now after dumping her you are upset that she has moved on with her life with a man nothing like you. I think your pride is hurt that her world doesn't revolve around you, and this guys age has nothing to do with it. You let a good girl get away and you need to take that lesson to heart so you don't make that same mistake again.

• You are right , i didn't treat her the way she deserve. Its been 3years and she give me the surprise that she's engaged to a man thats old enough to be her father , I'm heart broken now wish there was a possibility to get her back. This guy is poor and old what the hell did she saw in him?

• I can only guess, but I can give you an example from another couple. My dad married a younger woman. She wrecked his car and the first thing he said when he found out was "Are you okay?" After being with guys that hadn't treated her well in the past, she was fully expecting him to be pissed at her and treat her like shit for wrecking his car, instead his first concern was her safety. She said that was the moment when she decided she wanted to marry him.

All it took was a guy caring more about her than about his car. Sometimes women really aren't looking for much. If she had a history of guys not valuing her, then it makes sense she would want to marry a guy that comes around and makes her feel like she truly matters to him.

If this guy found a way to make your ex feel loved and protected in a way she hadn't felt before then that could easily be enough to make her want to marry him.

• Okay. First of all 38 is not old.

Wanting to date a younger woman can have different reasons.

On the negative side some guys want to feel younger by getting a younger woman.

BUt how about these:
    - Maybe she is the one.
    - Maybe she acts more like a women in her 30's.
    - Maybe she is just better than all the other women available to him but she just happens to be 22 years old.
    - 2 of the DJ's of our club are in their mid 30's but are both in long term relationships with woman in their mid 20's. It's because of their work they meet more younger women. But it is not that the have a preference for younger women.
    - Maybe she is into older men.

Don't judge these things by age. There is nothing wrong with an age gap.

• Yeah I can see what your sayng , well my exgirlfriend is an old soul , she's a 30 some year old thats trap in a 22 year old baby , but like the other guy said don't the Old guys date the 20 year olds cuz their more easyer the manipulate?

• *Body not baby lmao

• No, they date 20 year olds because they can.

• Don't understand it either - The different outlooks in life should be enough to kill any relationship.

• Coupkes with big age gap look weird more like father and daughter i would say lol

• 38 old ass?

LOL... he's not 80 relax

• Compare to our age man he is lol

• after 15 years i'd b 38... would i b an old-fart so soon? LOL

• Its way different when you stick to your own age , man around that age take away the great girls and whats left over is only the wild ones.

• This question should read, Why did my girlfriend ditch me for an older guy?

• Actually I broke up with het like 3 years ago , we were in high but i change and i want het back now

• *Highschool

• This may surprise you to learn, but there are not as many single women in their thirties because of this thing called marriage and kids.

And young women are hot.

Anyway, you have to compete on maturity/having your life together. If you're an 18-24-year-old guy going places, you're way more attractive than a slob in his thirties.

• I just want my exgirlfriend back but apparently she doesn't want me man

• That sucks. She must have been attracted to something initially, though.

• Why would they want to date women their own age. I can't understand that. Younger women have more time to have kids, have less baggage and are better looking. There is no solid reason to date a women that age unless you can't get a younger one.

• Guys of every age want to date women in their early 20s. It isn't exclusive to dudes in their 30s.

• older women are usually old looking and if they had kids the chance of birth defects is higher.

• Get over her

• under 35 is reasonable but more than that is asking for too much

• Like asking for a father figure !

• its the other way round..

• sex toy...

• You're still going to be attracted to girl bodies your current age when you're 38. That's how masculine sexuality works. There's a Google Talk on sexual cues that might clear this up, look it up.

• based on all the age preference questions I've seen here, the ladies generally prefder older men, so men go after younger girls because they have a higher success rate.

• One day, you will be 38. And your will prefer 28 year olds.

• Men are biologically attracted to fertile women, it can't be controlled & is instinctual. Women are most fertile in their 20s, fertility falls slightly in their late 20s, by age 31 females fertility starts to fall significantly & continues to fall very quickly until age 35, by 35 most women will struggle to conceive a child.

On the other hand, men are fertile from puberty until death, most men can have children at any age.

• probably evolution