Do you really like "a girl that eats"?

I've seen this quite a bit. Either online, in casual conversation or even celebrity interviews. Guys say what they look for in a potential girlfriend, is someone who can eat... who would order a burger.

Is this a deal breaker?

Say the girl likes eating, (it has nothing to do with her personal image or anything) but literally can't, due to allergies or an autoimmune disorder. Does not being able to eat hardly any kind of food make her dismissible?

Most Helpful Guy

• When we say we like a girl that eats, we mean we like a girl that is not embarrassed to order a burger, or a pizza and eat it all by herself. Many girls don't order that type of things cause they don't wanna be seen as less like a lady for eating with her hands, or cause they don't wanna get stuffed or dirty.
    If you can't eat because of personal problems it's ok, it's not a deal breaker at all.

• That's a very good point. I love pizza, it is my weakness. I'm still trying to find one that won't knock me out for 2 days haha, I think I found one. Thank you for your response, it's really appreciated! :)

• Thanks for the MHO!

What Guys Said 7

• Depends the culture and how you were brought up to be honest, like for me I come from a family where we eat everything so I guess I'd be a little disappointed with her, but I don't like fat girls :/ so either way don't over eat.

• I have no appearance issues, I am very fit actually. It's just that I literally cannot eat most foods, or get rushed to the hospital again. But good to know, thanks for the feedback!

• It's generally just a case of your upbringing or if you have any allergies or what not... but really if I a guy will be low enough to not accept you because you can't eat certain things then he's not worth your time. He should get off his ass and cook you food in a manner that makes it taste better and look more appetising as that always helps.

• Yes, that is true. I miss the various tastes of the world haha. I can cook very well, like normal food, I just can't eat it.

• It's not a deal breaker for girl not to eat much or not to be able to eat
    certain foods i want her to be healthy the way she is and not get sick
    with a allergy reaction or get sick from eating food that doesn't agree with her.

• If a girl hardly eats and I can see her ribs, I'd be highly concerned.

Otherwise, if it really is a health problem, then no. I would be more careful and it might suck, but if I feel for her enough then its fine.

• Right, I would be concerned for her well-being as well. Thank you for your response :)

• man that's nice... i <3 a gal who could eat a pizza box without worryin she'd go fat :D

• Ah good to know :) I don't have appearence issues at all, though.

• If you don't eat, you die, so yes.

• Is not a deal breaker but a girl who isn't afraid to order some real food is a nice trait to have

• Depends on the guy, right?

• Very true!

• Can't just go around trying to generalize

• I realize everyone is not the same, which is why I am curious for opinions here on this site about this.

What Girls Said 1

• All guys want a girl who can eat like they do but once try realize it means gaining weight they change their mind. They'd much rather you be healthy and fit than eating just as many wings as they do.
    Just do whatever is healthy and don't worry

• That's true. I can't eat normal food, though so I know it makes dating a bit more difficult.