Do girls realize how hard and near impossible dating is for the average guy?

It's like being in a desert and searching for water, almost impossible.

I'm about to turn 24 and I've never had a single girl legitimately be interested in me, now imagine you as a girl if you were as old as me and never got any compliments, never got checked out, and never had any guys interested in you no matter what you did

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm guessing you're not a bad looking guy, and from this you don't seem like a jerk either... but girls are not raised to be forward with the way they flirt, so you need to learn how to pick up on little things they say or do that might show attraction.

• They don't show attraction, trust me.

• "A lot of women don't immediately just like the guy based off looks alone."
      Wrong, have you not seen how many times girls refer to a guy they saw but never met as "that cute guy" "omg he was so hot" etc etc. ?
      They do look at guys that way, just not me, and if they don't look at me that way then they're not interested, and if they're not interested then why the hell would I approach them?

• There's a reason I didn't say "(physically) attracted" I said "like" a guy... as in personality and everything.
      You seem like a guy who likes to focus on the negative, so I doubt anything I say will help you. Do whatever you want.

What Girls Said 2

• Dude you have a really depressing attitude. I think you need to cheer up a little. All the girls I do like guys who are cheerful. Like one of my friends is dating this guy who's tiny, maybe 5'5-6", but his personality is so cool you don't notice. 'Average guys' don't have trouble dating if they try. I think you maybe need to work on your flirting? Honestly I have never met an average guy who couldn't date a girl if he wanted to. It's not impossible.

• Honestly I'm an average girl, kinda cute. I hear this all the time, but I think people neglect the fact that women aren't typically encouraged to approach. We're used to being approached, so it isn't abnormal for a woman to walk up to a guy and compliment him or check him out. It sucks, but unfortunately that's the way the world is. If you really want a girlfriend you have to be willing to reach out and really go for it, that's all I can suggest.

Chin up, I'm sure it'll work out for you.

• You don't understand, even if the average guy were to take initiative and approach girls he still has like a 0.5% chance of success

• They probably do have the same issues getting a girlfriend. The average man gets rejected around 10 times before he finally succeeds once. Women can literally just sit around and wait. Even if that doesn't work out, they can always just approach someone themselves. Since it's seen as "special", they are unlikely to fail.

It sucks. Shy men are in a really rough spot.

• Yeah I can already tell just by your response exactly why you're single. There are no "rules", there are no "exceptions" and girls don't have it as easy as you think: yeah, guys hit on us a lot, but half of the time it's unwanted, and we don't enjoy it. You issue is your defeatist attitude and blaming women for the fact that your dating life sucks. No, it sucks because your attitude is shitty and let me tell you, the second a girl gets a slight wiff of a guy who constantly throws himself a pity party and makes excuses for his own short comings, they'll move on to the next guy who has it figured out. Good luck with that attitude.

What Guys Said 9

• Mate you need to have a look at yourself. I am not being critical of you but look at yourself with honesty, do you portray confidence, stand tall, head up, look available, well groomed, well dressed, loose weight, get the bloody phone, iPad etc out of your face. confidence confidence confidence. Do you actually talk or acknowledge women. If your waiting for a coffee do you start a conversation with the people around you or bury your head in a phone. It's hard to start with but the more you do it, I promise, the easier it gets. Mate I've been where you are now, I know what it's like. Courage, divide and conquer...

• It doesn't work like that. I do and have done all those things for a long time it doesn't matter, not a single girl has looked at me like that

• lol own 2 penthouses and drive a bentley, ok fuck off. You clearly have no idea how hard it is, must be hard being the ideal male everything and driving a nice car and being rich.

• Lol, means nothing. You need to change your attitude. That's where it's at...

• I can't relate to this as I am fortunate enough, but really if you want to get what 'you' want then you have to look for it, just go out there and socialise with girls, get contacts, phone numbers, just make yourself interesting and the girls will follow... looks aren't everything, yes it helps a lot when u are hot but otherwise its that powerful personality which counts...

• you have a defeatist attitude. that is why you fail

• Dude I'm average as well and women don't really care that much about looks just if you have the confidence to talk to them and make them feel happy. Just talk to them like regular people and don't give them your 100% and when you do flirt with them

• Bro getting self-confidence will solve half your issues at least mentally, be yourself and don't put up any fronts, and you gotta be more forward and upfront.
    Trying starting off veing friends with a girl then moving up from there

• It‘s tough world out there for the average guy but it's every guy for himself man. Let the experiences build your character. good luck

• www.MTFU.org

It will change your life. Seriously.

• I'm in the same boat. 25 and no girl has ever even been interested in me. Doesn't help that society expects guys to make the first move.

Girls wouldn't understand, it's really easy for them to get a boyfriend. They often don't even have to try, some guy will just come along and ask them out.

• I feel you man