I'm a girl, I don't mind paying for meals when on a date but this guy hasn't offered to buy me anything. I always pay, should I be concerened?

I've hungout with this guy twice already and both times I always ended up paying. First time we hungout we went to the movies and since he drove to where I live I didn't mind it because I knew he came to me so I was like whatever. Welllllll last night we hungout at his house and I drove over to his place, which by the way is about an hour away... after we watched movies at his house we decided we wanted to eat and we went to chiptole, as I was driving away towards there he says "oh shoot! my wallet!" and I said "it's fine, don't worry." and he said "are you sure?" i said "yes" so I ended up paying again LOL money isn't really an issue for me if im interested, which i am a lot. but i just wanted to see what y'all think like im not concerened but my friend was like omg!! he should pay! i dont really care because again, i like him a lot.. should i be concerened? or am i just overthinking this..

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe he did forget. If you're interested like you say, then it shouldn't be a problem. I know plenty of these people on here putting him down wouldn't find anything wrong with your situation if it was him who asked this question. It seems to be a double standard for men/women when it comes to paying for dates. Women are supposed to be on their guard if they are paying to make sure they aren't being taken for a ride but if guys do that then he's accused of being "cheap" , not interested and "negative". None of these people on here are TRULY about equality so they think that its always the guy's job to pay.

• Omgg dudeee you speak the truth!! I like your perspective so much! thanks for this now I definitely will see things a whole diff way :)

• Glad to help. There's nothing wrong with a woman paying for a date just like there isn't nothing wrong with a guy paying for a date or even better spilt the bill unless its like a birthday

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, he should pay for you and him also it wouldn't hurt for him
    to pay you back for some of the other time you two went out
    and if you drive he should give you gas money for your vehicle
    or least offer to pay you gas money..

What Girls Said 4

• Give him a third chance and if he 'forgets' again, then run away

• It's of course it is ok to pay for the date as a woman. But it is just the beginning of the dating. Plus it happens twice? I would be concerned not gonna lie. Just be careful. Next time, don't pay. Watch his reaction.

• Oh goodness you should care! I'm the same way too when I like someone but I don't do that til he has already done it first. Don't settle for the losers who allow you to do this over and again. Plus you already know it isn't right because you're asking 😊 don't put all your eggs in one basket. I always make this mistake.

• lieeeee i dont really mind because i like him but its annoying sometimes lol

• You're overthinking dont worry he probably really did forget :)