Would you rather date a person who's very talkative or super quiet?

I usually don't like too much extremes of anything whether it's being super talkative as in they never shut up or too quiet were they add little or literally nothing to the conversation, but after dealing with plenty of girls that make me feel like I'm interviewing them when I'm talking to them, I think I'd rather date a girl who is super talkative because they at least can initiate a conversation and you're less likely to worry about awkward silences in a conversation.
Dealing with super quiet women sucks because you can't tell if they're not interester or just shy. After a certain point, you feel like you're coming up with a script when talking to them and the conversation just feels forced. You might as well talk about the fucking sky being blue.

What are your thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• Talkative I tend to listen more than talk😛

• But you at least add to the conversation somewhat right?

• Yeah. I just like listening to others more when I talk I always sound awkward.😀

• Gotcha, I was talking about people where theyre quiet nearly 95% of the time you're with them.

What Girls Said 3

• I'd rather date a guy who super talkative. I never shut up. Really. If given the chance/circumstances I could go on and on :P but like you said, it's only interesting if they talk back.

• I think just need to be normal, just be who you are.. talk when you need and quite when in time..
    cause for my self i don't really like guy who talk active..
    but in other way, i don't like guy who super quite, i rather talk to the wall.. hahaha

• I agree, I'm just saying if you had to choose one of two extremes, what would you choose.

The thing is if someone's super quiet, never initiates conversation or does anything to further it then I feel like there's pressure on me like I have to constantly come up with something interesting to say and if I don't then I'm boring when really they're the boring ones.

If a person's only words are yeah, right, haha, nothing, stuff and other generic words they're a pretty fucking boring person.

• I think, i will go with super quite..

• I'd rather go for someone who is talkative, at least they are putting effort as to where the quiet person seems uninterested, and it's a turn off, us girls like communication

• Yep and it goes both ways with guys. Like I mentioned when a girl is not adding anything at all to the conversation except basic shit then it's like I don't know if they're shy or uninterested and I feel like at a certain point, it's gonna be an awkward silence because I've run out of everything I could say.

• I once stopped seeing a girl, not because I hated her personality but it seemed like she had none what soever. On our 2nd date, which she asked for, we saw Gone Girl and her replies were yeah, right, haha, etc. And after the movie, she was quiet until I started talking and walking out to the cars was awkward as fuck. I just ended it right there because I felt like I would have to write a script before the next time I saw her if you know what I mean.

• That whole one sided thing doesn't work for me, it has to be mutual:)

What Guys Said 3

• You know, the funny thing is I always thought it was super quiet, because I'm pretty quiet myself. I felt that we could be comfortable like that and I always was interested in quiet girls.
    Then I met the loudest most talkative girl is ever seen and I fell for

• Her incredibly hard. It was like our opposite natures attracted eachother. I was a good listener she was a good engager. We both talk an argue coherently, and it honestly works out great. She makes me break my walls I help ground her.
      So for me I'll give some big points to the talker

• Oh of course! I love good conversations and debates over anything to absolutely nothing, what's great is having someone who can initiate them and who doesn't have the self censorship or boundaries I've places on myself. I think it allows me to be a much more open individual.

• Super talkative. It is irritating to have to pry a shy girl into talking.

As the saying goes, communication is key!

• It's also irritating trying to figure out if they're shy or just not interested like I mentioned. That gets very tricky and it sucks.

• Yup. With a talkative person, you'll know where you stand! :)

• Im pretty quiet myself and I love listening to people, unless they're stupid in which case I pretend to listen, so I would say talkative

which sucks for quiet people like me, because seems like both quiet and outgoing people in general would go for the outgoing ones