Becoming an engineer at 26 and a half still impressive?

I'll most likely be 26 to 27 when I get my undergrad in computer engineering. Hopefully be interning at 25. Would this raise an eye brow because it took me so long? I just went down the wrong path after high school and wanted to switch careers to something more rewarding.

Most Helpful Girl

• Becoming an engineer at any age is impressive, and no, it shouldn't matter that it took you longer to get there.

I'm 22 and won't graduate until I'm 23 because I took difficult and time-consuming classes when I was away at school and now have to finish them up at home. My major is international development and minor is journalism; I think people cut older students some slack when they hear that they're studying a tough subject such as law, engineering or medicine, or when they're pursuing a unique but difficult degree. The bottom line is that everyone finishes in their own time, so try not to worry about what others think.

What Girls Said 3

• Y do u keep asking this?

Everyone gives u their honest opinion and helpful advice , including me. But that seems to not be sufficient

• My God, you bum!

• That's really awesome. Definitely not a problem at that age!

What Guys Said 5

• Nothing to be worried about. The issue is not the year you graduate, it's how how good you are when you graduate. On another note I'd like to say that there isn't any heavenly rule that says you must start at 18 and finish at 22, when it comes to education make your own rules, just make sure you get it. You even have an advantage, (it's totally just my personal opinion) at your age and generally 22+ you are able to absorb the bulk of your major with much better understanding than the youngsters because of your, well, maturity.

• A lot of engineering majors tend to graduate at an average age that is older than other majors. Don't sweat it. The average age of engineers in general in the USA is nearing retirement age. So you will still be considered rather young in engineering at your age. My undergrad is in engineering.

• Absolutely not. I have a friend who is an electrical engineer. She got scooped up right after college, at 65K on contract. Five years later she is at Amazon making over 100K. By the way, she had a "C" average.

If you market yourself aggressively country-wide, you will move up quickly.

• Did your friend graduate at 22?

• Actually, later than that. I think she was that age when she started. Engineers are in high demand.

• nope, you changed your life for the better, its inspirational.

• Nope not impressive. Shame on you for passing the acceptable age range.