Would you ever date someone 6 years younger?

This does not apply to my life, I am only curious.

Let's say the person is 20 and you're is 26. Would that be too much of a gap? The 20 year old is on their own, has a stable job, and knows what they want to do in their life. Also for arguments sake, their personality and looks fit your preferences. I'm strictly speaking about age. Also would you take them seriously at first?

O_O I just now got back on the site, and realized I should have said "and you are 26". I do appreciate the input by everyone. I'm totally on the side with the girls, I really can only date guys who are older. Nothing against young men, it's just that the maturity level doesn't seem to be there when they're younger. I do like that most guys seem to be skeptical but slightly ok with the age difference haha.

Most Helpful Guy

• If i would do that right now she was 15, so no thanks haha xD.
    6 years is a lot , to me it depends on the maturity level of that person. We have to match regardless of the age. If i am 26 and she is 20 but as compatible with me on a maturity base then sure, why not?

What Guys Said 6

• Yes I would

• I guess if she has the right stuff

• It'd be hard for me to not at least give the relationship a chance. But I'd be lying if I said yes without having a second thought of the age difference.

• Not a chance in hell.

• Probably not. However, life is fill of surprises. It could happen if she is the right person, but not now because I'm 21 years old and it would make be a creepy pedophile.

• so long as you're both 18+, age is just a number really

What Girls Said 6

• no i wouldn't. that's a massive difference.

• I would never date a guy more than a year younger. Might make an exception if things were reversed and the guy was six years older than me. It would depend on how I feel about the person though...

• I wouldn't date anyone 2 minutes younger. Let alone 6 years. I don't know, I just prefer them older.

• Oh wow that's pretty young for me hmmm. I don't think I would.

• nope, I only date guys older than me.

• i think if you really like/love someone then age is just a number :)