Girls, Would you feel awkward if a guy told you he liked you when you were not expecting it?

Say a guy friend of your tells you one day when you are hanging out that he likes you and it was un expected, what would you do if you did like him? What would you do if you did not like him? Would it be awkward to see him again or could you continue to remain friends

8

Most Helpful Girl

• That actually happend to me before. At first I felt bad because he was soo sweet but I knew I was not attracted to him one bit. But I wanted to give him a chance so I just said let's just move slow and see where it takes us. Long story short I just told him we had to be just friends and when he said he couldn't just be my friend, I had no chose but to stop being his friend. I felt soo guilty afterwards but I couldnt help the fact that I just didn't like him the way he liked me.

What Girls Said 7

• If I did like him, I'd lean in to kiss him. If I didn't like him I would probably say something along the lines of "Whoa that's unexpected... um... Look [insert name here] I'm really sorry but I just don't feel the same about you..."

• I can and am 100% still his friend and i dont like him but he's also my boyfriends friend so, it was odd but i am not judging him.

• If I felt the same way, it would be the best thing since sliced bread. But if I didn't, or if they were strictly my friend (AKA- they were like a brother to me) then I would feel a bit awkward on how to turn them down nicely.

• i have been in this situation before and yes i felt awkward

• If I liked him it would be very welcomed--more guys should have the balls to actually say it.
    If I didn't like him romantically, I would say "Oh, you're so sweet but I do not feel we are meant as more than friends" something like that. If she's a lady, she'll let you down gently.
    As for remaining friends, its entirely up to you both. Only let it be awkward if it truly is--other than that I don't see why you can't be casual friends.

• If I did like him it would be the best thing ever lol! If I didn't then it would be awkward but I would get over it and stay friends with him.. Or maybe even change my mind about him and take our friendship to the next level if I was somewhat attracted to him!

• If I did like him than there's no issue right? If I didn't like him it would be awkward and perssonally I wouldn't remain friends with someone who is interested in more than just friendship. I would not feel at ease.