Guys, How to ask him out subtly?

I ve been talking with this guy for about 5 days every day via messenger.. He friended me on fb ( i didn't know him but had many common friends) , we bumped into each other after that and said a hi. Next day i initiated conversation and since then we talk every day ( about 10-15 messages getting to know each other ) . We never end the conversation , it stops when one of us goes to sleep and continues the next day. I want to ask him out but be cute and subtle and if possible avoid rejection. I don't know if he likes me so i wouldn't want to be a laughing stalk for our many many common friends!!! What can i say so we can meet up?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Through your conversation, start talking about something that you both like (famous place, hobby, movie genre, etc.) and ask him whether he would like to go there with you... If he's interested he will surely say yes... take it from there... Thinking about what others will say is a total waste of time & energy... Last time i checked, it isn't a crime to hangout with someone and remember, people have a short memory...

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• You wouldn't be the laughing stock of your friends. In fact, most of them would probably forget about it by the end of the day.

Anyway, subtlety is not your best friend when pursuing someone. In fact, it's probably your worst enemy. You can't feel it out and continuously take baby steps to get into a relationship with someone. It'll leave you feeling disappointed and with tons to overanalyze. I know because I've been there.

When you ask him, you don't need to straight up tell him that you like him. Ask "would you like to have dinner with me" rather than "we should hang out sometime." Asking to have dinner with YOU expresses interest. Hanging out is what friends do.

1|1
    0|0
  • Well, a lot of men can be extremely dense. Some of them can be dense enough to block the X-Ray. However, you can always start out with the subtle signals then get more aggressive from there.

First, you need to send in some probes. Start dressing up slightly (not too much) everyday in case you meet him. Chat with him about interests, travels, plans, dreams, hopes... etc. If it gets into a debate, try to steer it into something more about feelings or even sexual (if they are messages).

Once you think he's not seeing someone else and he seems to always answer your messages timely then you can be sure that he's interested in you. If he initiates conversations then there is a good chance he finds you interesting. Now, you can try dropping some hints. Here are some examples to nudge him into asking you out - from subtle to aggressive.

1. Let him know that you are free this morning/noon/evening/weekend.

2. Let him know that you are free this noon/evening/weekend and you are worried that you'll have nothing to do.

3. Let him know that you are free this evening/weekend, you are feeling bored and would love to go

1|0
    0|0
  • Something that you need to understand about males is that we do not do subtle.
    If you want us to know something, you need to tell us. Hints and female mind games do not work. Men are simple creatures. We need to be told. If you have not told us, assume that we do not know.
    So in the case of the male to whom you refer, tell him straight up that you are interested, so would like to meet for coffee and a chat.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just say to him that we should hangout sometime or catch a coffe or something to eat, just be upfront about it, from there you guys can meet and see if there really is some energy between you two, and then ask him out... but don't judge someone by their online profile because people are so different when they aren't Infront of the screen. Good luck :)

0|0
    0|0
  • The most subtle way i can think of without directly asking him out is mention some movie you really want to see but how you have no one to go with

1|0
    0|0
  • Bertrand Russell: "Of all forms of caution, caution in love is perhaps the most fatal to true happiness."

Do not fear rejection. Rejection - if it happens - frees you up sooner to find the One.

0|0
    0|0
  • Men suck at subtlety, just ask him.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't do it subtly. Be direct. Just ask him.

1|0
    0|0
  • While your "bumping into him ask him if he wants to go... If you really want to be subtle don't call it a date just ask if he wants to meet up somewhere. If you go meet somewhere several times and he has not asked you on a date, just comment on how nice a date that outing has been.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, don't do the subtle shit. If you like him, ask him out, or have him ask you out!

0|0
    0|0
  • It's pretty straightforward just say, hey let's see a movie or something, let's hang out, blah blah blah. There's no way to avoid rejection entirely. It's no big deal just ask him already dingus. :P

1|0
    0|0