Are girls simultaneously intimidated by and attracted to big guys?

I'm a big guy (6'6" 285 lbs), and women have always seemed to act strangely with me. I'll see a woman looking and flirting a bit with me when I'm out, but when I approach, a lot of times they act shy or standoffish. A female friend of mine told me that I'm very physically imposing and intimidating, especially to small girls.

I recently approached a small girl at my gym who's been checking me out for two months, and when I did she acted very shy and barely talked to me. I thought I was getting blown off, but the very next day, she waved at me and made a lot of eye contact with me when we saw each other. What's going on?

10

Most Helpful Girl

• Dude, ur too hot.. They can't handle the hotness... lol.. Just do ur thing.. If u like approaching people do it.. Usually the girls are shy cuz they may feel like they r not worth u.. Cuz ur so big and all... It doesn't matter.. :)

What Girls Said 9

• Yeah that sounds kinda like me. I love tall imposing men but I can be kinda shy with them. I guess more so and less confident than I would be with a skinny 6'3 guy. It's not a bad thing though, it's just because I'm really physically attracted to you.

• Big guys intimidate me... but then so do attractive guys. I'm easily inyimidated. Haha. I just need time to get to know them.

I guess it's just the fact that you could hold me down so easily is a bit scary... but once I know and trust you aren't going to use your strength and weight for that it's VERY appreciated.

• I would say yes. I personally would probably do the same thing of you approached lol. It's like we admire you from afar but when you get up close we realize just how big and possibly intimidating you are. It's just initial reaction I guess.

• i'm pretty tall at 5'9 and men of your height intimidate me lol. it's just an initial barrier i have to overcome personally before i can relax in his company

• Not necessarily.. Some might be and some definitely won't. However, personally I'm attracted to taller and I guess bigger guys. I'm 5'5 and really thin and I just like the thought of being hugged by big arms and all the other things haha :)

• Other things? ;-)

• Yup haha ;) Oh and since you asked this question, are you attracted to smaller girls?

• It personally for me is kind of intimidating. I see a guy that big and I don't know I just kind of back off. I like to admire them, but be with them. I just have no idea what that would be like. XD

• But big guys want to protect girls, not hurt them. Are you a small girl?

• Small as in height, yes. I'm only 5'6. Not skinny though. XD I don't think they want to hurt me, it's just like being with a guy that looks like that, for me is like he looks so grown up! >.< I still get called a teenager because of my looks. It's just my own weird thing. Haha.

• Hoppers intend to like them built like linebackers sometimes.

• I like tall guys. If they are too big they scare me.

• Do they scare you so much you wouldn't date them?

• Well I put it this way. If you are a great person on the inside, I guess I could get over my fear and date you.
      I just think it takes more than one conversation to get used to your size.

• I'm not attracted to big guys. Other girls are though