Are you attracted to looks or personality?

I get the feeling that we all need abit of both in order to be fully attracted to the person. I've met people (girls and guys) say that looks dont matter but personality does, which I think is bs. When looking at someone you are looking at their physique, which will tell you whether you find the person appealing. From there, it all depends on wether you are able to mentally connect with one another. What do you think? I just feel as if those people who say looks dont matter really have no clue what they are talking about. Guys/girls will either put them in the friendzone or ignore them in the hopes they get the message of them not being interested. In this case either being physically or mentally non stimulating

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with you. Both are important to me. I've noticed most people on here say personality is more important or is all that matters. If looks don't matter why have a gender preference? Obviously looks matter. I think people like the idea of personality being much more important because it gives them a feeling of control over their appeal to others. Like they may think their personality is superior in some ways but may feel insecure with their looks. So yeah both are important. I even think romantic love is dependent on sexual attraction. I could be wrong but that's what I've noticed.

What Girls Said 9

• Looks is the first thing that attracts, personality seals the deal. You're right.

• 100% agree ^

• @thomasjjeffy obviously, cause it's the truth, at least for most people :))

• Unfortunately not, I'm afraid. But hey, that's how the world is, we can't expect everybody to behave the way we want. Some people we can and want to get along with, while others we just ignore.. if you know what I mean

• There has to be physical attraction first. Personality is important in deciding if I want to take it anywhere after that.

• Agree. We need a bit of both. I've said it on one question today and I'll say it again, look somehow matters. We have to be at least attracted to someone to make us want to know them deeper. To make us want to consider having a relationship with them there must be something in that person that wow us and pull us to them.

• Looks draw me in while personality keeps me around that guy. If I was talking to a hot guy who wasn't smart or an ass then I'd be gone. So I'd say yes a little of both for me.

• Personality.

• Eeehh both is def important.

• Looks before personality

• i would need a bit of both in order for me to date a guy

• We're drawn in by looks, however personality is what makes us stay or leave

What Guys Said 15

• i'm attached 2 looky look mostly :|

• Looks grab my attention, but personality is what makes me stay.

• Looks: 3
    Personality: 4
    Intelligence: 3

• A combination of two. Both must meet a certain level. But for looks, this level is just so high that you keep personal hygiene, hair, nails, mouth hygiene (!) and so on. And smile ;) These are general things but they MUST be met.

• Looks first, personality second, but both criteria must be met.

• You need to be somewhat attracted to them looks wise but over all I dont care how pretty you are if you are not a nice person I'll dump you in a split second

• Personality is just as physical as looks so both are important.

• both, obviously.

• Looks get my attention, personality keeps it.

• Am I attracted to looks or personality? ... yes.

• I like people with great personality. :-)

• Looks. How can I see someones personality when they're walking down the street?

• But if u do find an attractive person what if they're a total douche? Then u wouldn't be attracted to them anymore.

• Both are necessary, but personality is what is going to endure throughout your life. Looks fade in your olden years.

• Looks first, personality second ;)

• In my opinion, people say they don't judge on looks and appearance... but what made you/her talk to each other. Some sort of attraction. You can't say hey he/she looks like they have a great personality so let me go talk to them. Physical attraction ALWAYS comes first but personality keeps you there!