Am I the only guy that hates OkCupid (dating site)?

My female friends love it.

From my perspective, it is full of women bragging about their degrees, hobbies and the fancy books they've read.

So what are we gonna do together, write a desertation? Discuss classical literature? Yawn.

And the only people checking out my profile are grannies.

And what's this thing about pairing people according to what TV shows they watch or their pet peeves? Who gives a fuck?

*dissertation

Most Helpful Guy

• Haha I don't have a problem one that site. . . Lots chicks. on that site just want to bang then they never tall to you again.

• Srsly? I once got a threesome set up. But I bailed in the 11th hour. Maybe I should just message them and see where it goes. Maybe they need a break from the books?

• Yeah I love close to the city and I think some of the girls are. homeless but I've hooked up with 2 chick's over one month of being on there. I do admit there are a lot of college girls talking about books. and shit. Don't talk to those girls find the party girls or the hornny nerd ones.

• Nice man. There are homeless girls on there? That sounds more like my type.

What Girls Said 4

• How old are your female friends? I heard the only girls who have luck on OkCupid are light-skinned girls 18-25.

I don't like online dating in general. Too many questions. Real life, ftw.

• It's a bunch of weirdos on there & no one is ever my type.

• I really doubt it. I don't think you're the only guy.

• That's interesting to hear a guys perspective on OKCupid. I'm on there and I've had a ton of success.

• Thank you. I'm sort of not surprised. It must be appealing that you can sort your suitors according to all sorts of personal trivia.

What Guys Said 18

• Well, of course girls are gonna like it, dating sites are "made for" women. Women never send messages, it's always the guys, and it's also the guys the ones that have to keep the conversation going.
    There's like 10 guys for every girl too, so it's more tough.

I don't really like dating sites, I've tried them to see what all the fuss is about, but I don't really like them, the only one is Tinder cause people go straight to the point xD

• According to these guys, online dating is a great development for guys:
      thematinggrounds.com/why-how-to-use-online-dating/

Had fun with Tinder, have you?

• Yeah, I didn't wanna use it anymore, so I deleted it so that the next time I use it again, it resets, so I appear again to those girls that said yes or no.
      I understand why they're pumped about it xD

• Sneaky, sneaky...

• It's for super successful good looking white and light skinned hispanic guys.

Girls love it cause guys will be all over em.

• Lol :)

I guess it's just for people who want to fuck each other's brains instead of fucking each others brains out.

• Thanks man, I appreciate it!

• No problem :)

• u r not alone bro!

• I'm on it right now and most of the girls don't interest me but i find its still an interesting experience.

• its usually the girls that get attention on dating sites they have like 200 guys messaging them so they dont do the work which is why you dont get checked out much

• Almost all dating sites are a waste of time for guys.

The women on them get 500 message a day for different guys, and they have so many to choose from they will instantly brush you off if they find someone they like better.

Fuck online dating.

I prefer the old fashioned way. Meeting women through friends or at social events.

• No. I hate it too. A guy has a better chance to get a date in person than OkCupid. It's a frustrating site for men looking for a relationship or date.

• I think girls love ALL online dating sites. Because for a girl, all you have to do is be above average looking, and guys will flock to her.

But guys have look like damn super models to get even a few girls to take interest in him, because they assume ebery other guy is "some creep who online dates".

Its kinda the same way irl too, just not as extreme because people can't be as rude and shallow in public without etting judged.

• I hate it because I never had any success with it. -.-

• Mate all of them are a waste of time!! Everyone likes being stuck up there own arse these days and especially on this sites! Word of advice bud don't go on POF biggest bag of shit ever!!!

• Cheers :) Think I checked it out. Funny name, but the layout screams last century.

• I don't like any dating site at all..

• I tried it, but I didn't care for it. Many of the people on there seemed snotty, and people seldom responded to messages.

In the end, real-life dating seemed better.

• Hmm they are ok I think. You take a bunch of their quizzes to find out your best matches.

• But according to your preferred pizza? That is ridiculous to me? What am I looking for, a clone?

• There are stupid questions like that but they also have legit questions too :O

• I guess. I hear it's all very scientific. But I don't want to only meet people I agree with. Disagreement is important!

• I hate online dating in general so... OkCupid is no exception.

• Online dating is good if ur a female. It brings out true shallowness in women.

• Sometimes people come off as worse than they are. Probably due to dick pics.

• I can't tell if you are being sarcastic, but yes I find it very interesting too. The book is a good one, check it out if you can.

• Not sarcastic mate.

• No, you are not. I hate the living fuck out of it!

• I prefer Ok Cupid over other dating sites I tried. Oddly enough the reasons I like it are the ones you hate it for. I'm not so much into the bragging as I am the intelligence, dedication, passion, and feminism.

My profile does none of that stuff though, girls don't respond well to that.

• Haha, dream guy :)

• What do you see in them?

• The ones I like are intelligent, confident, independent, passionate, and progressive.

• Naw because i dont party without the latex