Should I wish my female friend that I like happy birthday?

We've known each other for a year, we've hung out once and we do keep in touch from time to time. We had great time interacting in the zoology lab every week. Unfortunately, we could not hang out anymore because she's working part time and she has a boyfriend. The last time we were in contact was when she was missing her practical classes and when she need my help during the practical exams. As the main exams are near, I sent her a text message one week ago to wish her goodluck, however, she did not reply. I don't know what's wrong, anyways her birthday is this coming Friday and I'm thinking whether to wish her or not because I do not want to come off as desperate and needy. So your advise would be most welcome. Cheers.

• Wish her?
  • Do not wish her

Most Helpful Girl

• ... However, she did not reply...
    She put you rudely and crudely on her own pay no mind list, Faithfulknight, so don't bother wasting your time and making yourself look like a clown at her birthday party by Sending her... Anything and that goes for even a Birthday greeting.
    Take her off your list of so-callled 'Friends' and consider her a Fair weather one as of now.
    Good luck and.. Cheers. xx

What Girls Said 4

• It's always nice to wish someone happy birthday :) I don't think you will come off as desperate by doing that.

• yeah just say happy bday. even if its just casual on her fb wall or something.

• you should

• Of course you should wish her a happy birthday. She's your friend. Why wouldn't you?

What Guys Said 3

• of cpurse... it's a kind gesture ;)

• Only if it actually is her Birthday. Otherwise it would be weird

• yeah you should