In online dating, how can you tell how interested a person is if they don't send a message (see details)?

For an example... If a girl adds a guy as a "favorite" or "likes" his dating profile, but the guy is first to message, or the opposite situation... is one person probably more interested than the other? Should the girl wait to receive a message to be sure the guy is interested too?

Most Helpful Guy

• well if they don't send a message then that's a huge tell already lol. I mean fuck its already happening online with a computer screen in between, how shy can these mofos get XD

• I agree... I often see guys who I've liked viewing my page, but then they don't write. I don't know if it's lack of interest, shyness, laziness, etc, so I don't know if I should just go ahead and send a message. I figured if I showed that initial "liking" or whatever the guys would figure it's okay to write to me first.

• if it tells you that they viewed your page and they have not messaged you yet, i'll bet its because they're still browsing, you know picking the best out of the flock.

What Guys Said 1

• "favorite" or "like" don't mean much actually..

What Girls Said 1

• That's hard to say, really. Women typically don't send the first message and men tend to send a message to anyone and everyone that catches their eye.

• I'm fine with sending the first message... I just don't know if after seeing my profile and a guy doesn't message me, if it would mean he isn't interested, or just shy or lazy, etc. Maybe I'm overthinking it and should just send one anyway? lol

• Just send one anyway. You never know.