Dating single moms?

Ladies and gentlemen,

So I have recently come to the conclusion that dating single mothers is a task. I was dating this girl who I thought was beautiful but, she had a kid. I tried it for about a month but didn't want to deal with it. Wasn't the kids fault she just wanted to much. She was lazy and everything was about the kid rightfully so because that is her responsibility. I asked her what happen to the kids father and she said that he wants nothing to do with her or the kid, last time she heard he was in prison. But then that kind of got me wondering why did she get knocked up by this guy if he was a deadbeat to begin with? Anyway how do you guys and girls feel about dating single mothers? I personally, will never do it again, I mean why should I take responsibility for another mans child? Any way thought?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think single fathers and single mothers should date each other. They'd understand each other better

What Girls Said 2

• When someone truly cares about a woman they don't look at the woman's child (someone who is a HUGE part of her) as a disconvenience
    They form a bond with their child and eventually may even begin to love him/her as their own.

I feel for women who are single Mom's due to an unfortunate accident of their husband/boyfriend (death)
    I feel for women who are single Mom's who had a boyfriend (who showed he was a perfect gentlemen in the beginning), only to run away from responsibility when he finds out that she is pregnant.
    I feel for women who were raped by men (but decided to keep their children anyway).

I guess my point is,
    You never know what someone been has through.
    Just the fact that they say they are a single Mom isn't enough to make a decision based off of that.
    If you don't want to raise someone elses kid, then that's your preference.
    But never JUDGE or think you know a story until you have heard it.

The woman that you mentioned seemed to have poor judgment when it came to men, (that in itself would be a turn off for anyone).

• Most men these days won't date single moms for a reason. It's too much of a risk. I like kids but I would never raise another mans kids. Simply because in some states a court can rule that a man could be the father even though he's not the biological father. Then if they split he ends up paying child support for a kid that's not his. Granted there're some men out there that will take that risk but not many.
      I disagree, every man or every man w/o kids should make that a prerequisite before dating a woman, too find out if she has kids. Simply because of what I stated above.
      I don't doubt that many single mothers are good people. There're exceptions to the rule always for instance if she's a widow. But fact of the matter is most single moms accept the risk of pregnancy before having intercourse with a guy especially if she's not on birth control. Some woman claim that they want to change men all the time or try and trap him, but chances are if he was a "deadbeat" before pregnancy...

• ... He is going to be a deadbeat after pregnancy. So women shouldn't be surprised if the guy runs away after finding out she's pregnant. They should've found out before hand whether or not he would be a suitable father. The idea that men need to step up to the plate and raise the kid is a juvenile and irrational thought. Here's the thing women shouldn't have intercourse with deadbeats. Simple. Find out if the guy is willing to accept the risk of pregnancy before hand. If he's not then just don't do it. So saying "Man up" is just an excuse for not accepting risks. What if the tables were turned? A good friend of mine had a kid he stepped up to the plate and raised him and the woman disappeared. Is she a deadbeat mother? I think so. But that's never talked about on mainstream media. Just the fact that guys are deadbeats...😑

• I don't recommend it. Unless both sides are parents.

What Guys Said 6

• i avoid them too the kid is unintentionally a problem cripplinng any relationship you might have with the girl

• If you like nightmares and responsibilities, date a single mom.

There are millions of childless women out there. You were right to ditch her.

• when a low life female says she has a kid and single that is a sign to get out of there fast.

• No real MAN should take care of anothers guy kid. Have some selfrespect. Im only 19 so i havnt dated any single mothers but the only way i would date a single mom is it was just a one night stand. Sex is just sex right. As for who and how and why she is a single mother, who cares. Thats no one elses business.

• I do have self respec that's why I got out of the situation. I wouldn't even have sex with a single mother it's still too risky. But yes it is someone's business when that hold grows up he or she is going to wonder who there father is.

• Why have a bruised fruit when you can have one that is fresh and riped?

• True, words of wisdom.

• I haven't dated any, but it wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me.

• I did it. if they are younger you got drama, if they are a bit older, not much drama.