Would you dump someone over text?

I recently been dating this guy for a few weeks (10 dates or so) and things were going awesome but he decided the slow pace of intimacy wasn't to his liking (he couldn't wait he said - I wasn't going to sleep with anyone till marriage and he knew this from the very beginning) so he broke up with me this morning over text. I think that esp over this type of matter he should have called at least... thoughts?

• Yes - Okay to break up with someone over text
  • No - They deserve the respect of a phone call or in person

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, VERY few people should beak up over text. I find it rude and cowardly. Especially over a sensitive situation like that

What Guys Said 16

• I got dumped by text. I think dumping people by text is showing a law of respect for the person to be honest. I think it should be done to their face. The funny thing is I had spent time with this girl and she did not tell me while I was with her but later by text.

• No, it's not cool, they deserve to be dumped face to face. The only reason I would dump a girl by text is if she texts me telling me she cheated on me, then I would tell her it's over, cause I'm not gonna wait until I see her face to break up.
    But other than that, no, it's not ok.

• You made rules, and he was forthright enough to tell you he was no longer willing to follow them. A post card would have been sufficient.

• I think it is rude and disrespectful to do that via text. If you are in a relationship with someone and it isn't a violent situation, I think breakups should be in person.

• I think a phone call is deserved, unless of course they did something horrible to cause the breakup.

• No they deserve to at least have it face to face.

• No , that is wrong in so many aspects

• I agree, someone need to at least have the respect to dump someone face to face in my opinion.

• I just answered same question last nite. No phone or text break up. Do it in person, if it ain't workin at least be decent enough to do it in person

• I would prefer dumping them in person, but I suppose it can be easier and much more practical in text. It's totally up to you.

• Anybody who dumps people over text, should be given AIDS instantly.

• I would never do that over text or over phone. Those things deserve be done face to face.

• i would never do it by text in person is the best way no one deserves to be disrespected

• thats dumb... people gotta be braver than that..

• I don't find breaking up over text that big of a deal

• I recently stopped dating a girl via text. She wasn't my girlfriend, but we went out about ten times. My rationalization is that the only way we communicated the entire time we dated was via text. Not one phone conversation the entire time. If texting is the primary way you guys communicated, I don't have a problem with it.

• It's not cool, but people hate to face their problems.

What Girls Said 18

• He broke up with you because you didn't want to have sex.. He's not exactly coming up like a winner.

Breaking up with someone in anything less than voice to voice is pretty sucky. You're usually hurting someone's feelings so you need to at least give them the respect of doing it in a caring way.

• He was looking for an easy lay, and if that's not how you roll then there's nothing to do about it.
    I would believe if you already had 10 dates and if he knew you wanted to wait then he should at least respect you enough to do it in person, but he apparently was under some sort of impression that he could magicaly change your mind..
    Forget about it sweatheart, he was a douche. 😊

• Why not? I just did today.

• No.
    Whomever i'm dating - I respect enough not to do that like that.

• I would only break up over text if he cheated, because then I wouldn't want to see him again. But usually I wouldn't do that.

• Unless you fear for your safety from this person (if they have been abusive or threatened you before) then breaking up over text is probably not the right way to go. It's rude and cowardly

• These are the moments when you really detest texts.
    Do it in person, it hurts more but it is way more meaningful. You have to face obstacles in order to be completely free.

He just proved to you that he is weak. It's his loss hun.

• No. I think it's tacky. I've had it done and it sucks.

• Everyone deserves to have it said straight to their face.

• Nope, it's always better to do it in person.

• Depends on how deep the relationship is... was

• I would on the phone or in person.

• No that's so cowardish :/

• i had this guy who ask me out by text but he broke up with me the next day by person

• Yes I would because I'm a douchette and I don't really care.

• No I would not. That's weak.

• Personally I wouldn't but a friend of mine did.