Do you care more about gender or sex? Who would you choose?

Assuming you're a cissexual and not bisexual (if not you can answer, just vote "see answers" though), would you rather date someone of the sex you're attracted to, but of the opposite gender (opposite to their sex), or would you choose someone of the gender you're attracted to but of the opposite sex (again, the sex opposite to their gender).

Personally I care way more about sex than gender.

• I'd date the person of the sex I'm attracted to, but the wrong gender. (Wrong as in not what you fancy.)
  • I'd date the person of the gender I'm attracted to, but the wrong sex.
  • See answers
As everyone's voting C I assume you're not understanding the question...

Would you rather date a trans man or a trans woman? Specify you're orientation.
Anyone else have an opinion?

Most Helpful Girl

• sex for absolute sure. i dont believe in gender. people who have sex changes are changing their sex. gender is socially (attempted) compulsory behavior that some people feel compelled to adhere to. i want a guy with a penis. how he behaves is his personality.

• .. of which obviously if i didn't like his personality i wouldn't be with him.

• and if in this question you're stating transgender but you're referring to an actual sex change -transexual- then yes id prefer a former woman with a penis. bc im attracted to male anatomy.

What Girls Said 25

• I'm a straight woman and I'm only attracted to men who are biologically male and identify as male.

• "Cissexual" is a person who's happy with their gender. It has nothing to do with who they're attracted to.

I can't figure out what you're asking. I think you need to check your definitions are reword.

• I'm wondering whether cis-gendered people are more comfortable with dating a trans man or a trans woman. (See the update) I'd be more comfortable dating a trans man, as I care more about sex than gender.

• @Drednaught

Uh huuuuuh...

• There are whole forums, and pages dedicated to this stuff if you don't believe me. You can always look yourself if you're curious.

• I don't understand what's up with people trying to get others to switch or transform what they are attracted to so transgender people can feel more embraced. -_- If someone doesn't like a man with tits then they don't like a man with tits. If a girl doesn't like a girl who talks, dresses, and acts like a dude with a vagina, then that's not what she's into.

I would never choose between those because I LOVE MEN and that is not changing.

• They better be packing a penis.

• So you'd prefer a pre-op trans woman over a trans man?

• No boobs and no vagina. I would PREFER a heterosexual naturally born male with a naturally occurring Y chromosome. I will never be physically attracted to a female. So if a girl had a 100% sex change and was a man physically and mentally but was just born a girl... then sure, maybe. But if any part of them is still female then I'm out.

• I think it would be really hot to get fucked by. Guy who wants to be a woman. A guy in drag is sexy to me

• Sorry, I'm a bit unsure of the question. Are you asking if I would prefer to date a transexual, or go gay?

• No would you prefer to date a trans man (someone with the gender you like but the wrong sex) or a trans woman (the sex you like but the wrong gender)?

• Neither.
      Although it's not the only reason I'm in a relationship, I want children some day. So for me it's a huge part to be able to give me a child. However, I'm quite traditional, and I would like the traditional male, female, mother, father relationship. If I was with a transgender man, yes he has the equipment but he would look like a drag queen and if he had the operation, the idea of having his penis mutilated.. oh it makes me cringe. On the other hand, a woman being a man would make me feel like a lesbian. I couldn't be with either of them. Neither can fulfil my relationship needs - it's not to do with them as people, it's my own personal views.

• Your question makes no sense a person can be both cissexual and bisexual. cissexual bisexual would be a person like myself who isn't transgender but likes both genders. I'd rather date out of those options a man who looks like a woman.

• I know a person can be both, it's just I'm interested in the opinions of those who identify with their biological sex and who are only attracted to one sex/gender. That's why I specified cissexual and not bisexual.

Why would you prefer a trans woman? Are you more attracted to men or women or is it equal?

• Okay I'd misunderstood what you meant at first. Thanks for answering.

• That would be my choice too.

• I am a hetero woman and I am attracted to heterosexual men who were born that way and identify as hetero men.

• Uh - well, you see, gender is part of what makes sex attractive. I am not interested in a man who is biologically male but acts/views themselves as feminine. I don't see how someone can separate the two.

• bc feminine and masculine are not fixed behaviors nor is there any clear essential correlation between fem/. masc and your sex. there are tendencies but in no way fate..

• Being gender confused is a mental defect. I personally don't care what people do with their life, but to be born a man and change to a woman is the same as false advertising. Being born a woman and changing to a man again, a lie. My preference is to be with a man who was born a man and has no doubt over whether he is a man or not.

• Yes gender dysphoria is indeed a 'mental disorder,' however like any other mental disorder there are both biological and psychological/environmental factors that contribute to this disorder. I don't see how you can compare this to false advertising to be honest.

• How is it not. Gender may be different than sex, but being born a male doesn't give you the right to have surgery to hide that fact.

• Neither. I want a heterosexual man who's had a penis their entire life. Waking up one day and having a sex reassignment surgery doesn't change your chromosomes.

• Cissexual

1.
    noting or relating to a person who is comfortable with having the physical characteristics of that person’s biological sex.

• I know what it means, I'm not interested in who transgender people are attracted to, which is why I specified that. Also I don't care what bisexuals think because they'll be attracted to both anyway.

• I don't want to date a trans man or women. I have nothing against transsexuals, its just something I am not interested in experiencing.

• This question was so unnecessarily confusing

• i wouldn't date a trans. i want kids. so a male who was born as a male and identifies as a male.

• Bi, so feminine man or masculine woman can both be attractive.
    Including if they i. d. as the other gender, idc

Prefer male who i. d. s as female out of the two choices

• I stick to men, I am a woman

• doesn't matter to me. 😋 in fact I'm attracted to both men and women.

• Honestly, Who cares? As long as you love the person, that's all that should matter

• I don't even understand the question.

• No I'd want to date a man with a penis because boobs and vag don't appeal to me

• So you'd choose someone with a male body who identifies as female?

• Which is least unappealing, a person with a male body who identifies as female, or a person with a female body who identifies as male.

• Male I think

• I'm not attracted to my sex

• As a person having first hand experience with it, I never cared if the individual was trans and I've dated a few. Two who became girls, two who became guys. Neither one ever bothered me before. Just like how dating non-binary or gender fluid person doesn't have a preference any other gender identity or gender affiliation. To me, if a person gets my fancy, who cares.

• I'm a little confused by your question, but suffice to say, I'd choose the male who has a penis which he's had since birth,

• Would you rather someone who was born male but identified as female, or someone who was born female but identified as male?

• I'd choose celibacy.

• Lol @ the last answer.

• I wouldn't choose either one.

• Sure, but which would be least undesirable, a trans man or a trans woman? (Assuming you're straight.)

• I care more about whom I'm going to have to sleep with than whom I'm going to see.

• What do you mean?

What Guys Said 39

• I know myself well enough to admit that I couldn't be with either one, but for the sake of argument I went with A. I could just never ever deal with a other penis.

• Your question is now well written, and confusing. 'Gender' is a compilation of emotional, sexual feelings, and sense of self. 'Sexuality', is what you were born with.
    So let me see if I can figure out what you are asking:
    Are you asking if, as a guy, I would rather be with someone with a vagina, but she feels like she is a 'guy' or with someone with a penis, that thinks 'she' is a woman?
    I would think that this is a 'Non-Sequitor' error and wouldn't happen!
    Males that identify as female, are not likely to want to associate with males (ok, there are some internt 'annomalies' but strictly speaking, for 'Trans-gender' people, they feel like they are their 'gender', regardless of their physical organs.
    The 'normal' Trans-gender people male to female, or female to male, seem to like the opposite sex, as parnters. I know several, and they all say the same!!

• Trans people can be gay or straight, sexual orientation and gender identity are separate things. Just because you're confused it doesn't mean my question was confusing.

I take it you're a straight male who was born male? Would rather date a biological male who identifies as a woman or a biological woman who identifies as a man?

• That clarification makes more sense!! I'm a guy, born as a guy, and Identify as a guy. I doubt that, as a guy, i would ever attract a woman that identified as a guy!! I'm not like 'hot' or anything! I have met several male to female transsexuals that I would totally play with, if they weren't friends! They look totally like women, but they are still 'packing'. Yeah, I might play with them, if we were all maybe a little relaxed, drinking, even knowing that they were packing!!
      What's your story, and the question, just asking, curious. . .

• The fact that this question is being asked... And people are taking it seriously shows just how far we as humans have declined...

• If Ihave to choose between a trans man or trans woman I choose neither. No thank you.

• It's almost like it's speaking English ...

I'd like to date a girl please. Not someone who THINKS they're a girl, but an actual, female, vagina owning, born and bred girl.

• I'm not asking who you'd like to date, I'm asking which, of those two choices, you'd rather. (I don't expect either to be ideal in your view.)

As for speaking English , I'm not the yank in this conversation.

• By my remark about your proficiency in English , I was referring to how sentences such as these have only existed in the past ten years or so, as political correctness and social justice has jumped headfirst over the cliff of comedic goldmine.

If I must date a transgendered person, I guess I'd rather have a guy who thinks he's a girl than the other way around.

As a side note, #1776 'Murican Freedom you limey! WALMARTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!

• Tumblr has turned something simple into something blindingly confusing, so I'm just going to say that I am a biologically born male and will only date a biologically born female.

• So you'd choose a biological female who identifies as male rather than a biological male who identifies as female?

• I'm not asking what you're ideal is, I'm asking which of those two you'd prefer. I'm not saying you'd like either, I'm just trying to establish which people find least repulsive. (Unless you think the thought of dating/fucking a trans man or a trans woman is equally repulsive?)

• I'm saying no to both. I want nothing to do with a man of any sorts, so the biological male is worse, but a girl who thinks she's a guy is pretty close behind.

• When did this whole CIS thing evens start? I was always more of a Galactic Republic kind of bloke.
    img1.wikia.nocookie.net/.../...ids_on_Geonosis.jpg

• I'd rather date a naturally born female with no form of surgical procedure to change their sex/gender.

• I'm a straight male, and I'm only attracted to women who are both biologically female and identify as such.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but from my point of view, a man with a psychiatric condition who had himself surgically altered to superficially resemble a woman is not a woman, and it's disingenuous to shame people into pretending otherwise.

• I don't even care about this question I just answered it cause it's featured.

• Yeah I've seen your troll answers before.

• This a serious question, just because you've never seen a vagina that doesn't make you the troll lord.

• It's a question that doesn't make sense everyone answered c lol

• I'd rather date someone normal who doesn't believe this bullshit. If that isn't an option can I please add "would rather masturbate with sandpaper"?

• 0|0
    • Why? Is your opinion on my question embedded in there somewhere? I know what sex and gender mean, if you don't understand the question I can clarify it for you.

• Do you have an opinion or just wanted to promote your take on my question?

• My opinion is embedded in there somewhere.

• I think you're giving GAG too much credit for our intelligence.

Anyway, I voted A. I'd rater date a tomboy than a shemale.

• Yes, I think have, virtually no one understood the question.

If you told tomboy that she was a trans man you might wind up with sore testicles...

• You didn't specify pre or post op.

• A pre op trans man and a tom boy are still different though.

• I would not date either transman or transwoman. I care about both gender AND sex.

• Sure, but which would you dislike least?

• Obviously it's hypothetical that doesn't mean you should just dodge the question. I asked which you would rather, there's no reason you can't answer that unless you think both are equally appealing/unappealing.

• I'd think it was obvious that I think both are equally unappealing.

• I definitely chose option D

• Which is least repulsive to you? A biological female who identifies as male or a biological male who identifies as female?

• I don't have an issue with any given gender.

• I don't date no fags. If you're not a chick and you don't act feminine, I'm not interested in you.

• Neither.

I will only date female women.

• Which is least repulsive to you, a trans man or a trans woman?

• compared to those options, being a monk sounds awesome.

• Well okay maybe neither is desirable, but which is least repulsive? A biological female who identifies as male or a biological male who identifies as female?

• Just because you would kill yourself rather than date one doesn't mean you need to dodge my question, would you find one less unappealing than the other or are both equally unappealing to you?

• equally repulsive

• I am honestly confused.
    @CincinnatiRedsfan

• Did you see my rant on sex and gender on another post? I'm assuming you did.

They're the exact same thing, as defined by Webster's Dictionary, which is the most reliable one in the world. You're either male or female. Bisexual, Homosexual, Transgender are Sexual ORIENTATIONS, not gender/sex.

• I'm not asking if you'd actually date either, just which you'd rather. Are you saying either would be equally unappealing?

• Yeah, can't get my mind to pick one.

• This is one of the oddest questions I've ever seen.

• Which would you rather? (I'm not suggesting you want either, but of the two which would you choose?)

• id rather a girl who pretends to be a man, I dont want to have sex with a man

• Let's make this less complicated. If you were born a male, you'll always be a male. If you were born a female, you'll always be a female. I'm not gay, so I will only date a female.

• I'd date a female who was born a female and identifies a female. If that's a good way to answer.

• I would choose the woman dressed like a man and put her on medication.

Easy, next question.

• Uh... only women and only women I am attracted to

• I'd rather have sex with the right gender.

• D) I'd date the person of the gender I'm attracted with the correct sex.

• I'm a straight guy, so I like girls.

• you sure you dont mean pansexual? atractted to all genders.

• No I don't. I mean not transexual, which is cis-sexual, it doesn't refer to orientation/attraction but to identity. (I'm just not interested in who trans people would consider dating, which is why I specified that.) Also when I said not bisexual I should have said monosexual, I'm only interested in the opinions of those attracted to only one gender/sex not two or more. So I absolutely do not mean pansexual.

Which would you choose? (I'm not suggesting you would choose one of those, but which is least repulsive to you?)

• So you would date either of those?

• like said im straight. i like girls. but if the right person for me came along im not going to say no.

• Ass long as I can do them in the ass then I don't care if guy or girl

• Right, a hole's a hole...

Are you bisexual? (Or pansexual or something like that.)

• More from Guys
    9