Is it weird to date a guy younger than you?

I just turned 16 and he's 15 ( I think he might turn 16 in a couple months ) and I'm going into my junior year ( I'm a really young junior and I could have been a sophomore ) and he's going into his sophomore year. We are on the same swim team. I just feel like some things would be awkward like I wouldn't want to have to drive him around once I get my license or I feel like it be awkward if like we went to prom together. And it's not really the age thing that gets me the most it's just I feel like it's weird for me to date a sophomore as a junior just because of how I grew up so is it weird or are there anyways to improve things that would be awkward?

Most Helpful Guy

• that's only 1 year difference... how could it b weird?

What Guys Said 4

• That is not much of an age difference, although it is unusual for a female of your age. Normally a girl of 16 would look at boys who were 18 or 20.
    My daughter is 24 and has a boyfriend who is 21. She jokes about being a cougar.

• Wow that's what you consider 'younger'? You're being really superficial, it's just a few months stop making such a big deal out of nothing.

• Not it's not weird and you're only a year apart regardless when his birthday is.

• Not at all

What Girls Said 2

• Not weird at all because I'm 23 and dating a guy who is 21. :)

• Its not weird I dated a guy that's 16 and I'm 17 that age gap shouldn't matter