Freshman dating a junior: thoughts?

Alright so I have this friend who is a guy. He's taller than me, athletic, sweet, and always jokes around with me. But he's also two or so years older than me. I'm a freshman in high school (soon to be sophomore) and he's a junior (soon to be senior). I like him a lot and if we were to date, would it be weird? Just looking for other opinions outside of my friends.

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, these weird "too young or too old" thoughts only really exist during highschool. If you think about people who date outside of school, the usual age difference would probably be 5 years apart-which is perfectly fine. I never understood why everyone always goes so crazy over these stupid age differences. If you think about it, your parents are most likely a decent age gap between each other. They saw nothing wrong with it so why should you? If you like the person then go for it. Who cares what the other people will say. Its highschool, people are going to talk about anything new that happens and even though initially it might be the talk of the week, it will be sure to pass. One piece of advice I always keep in mind, "Things are only as weird as you make them"

What Guys Said 4

• not at all.

While it may seem a bit strange right now, later those 2 years mean nothing. All that matters is that you like him and that he likes you. And if that's the case, there is nothing stopping you from having fun together :)

• that's hardly a difference... no?

• It isn't weird for a freshman to date a junior. That's just my opinion, so I'm not sure what you're friends would think.

• These are my thoughts...

https://youtu.be/7lCbghmLStI

What Girls Said 4

• it won't be weird, if you don't make it. just know that you're gonna be a sophomore, and that'll mean he'll be a senior if my math is correct. so in a year or so, he'll be gone off to college. -if you get what I'm saying.-

• no i think any of the highschool grades can date eachother. you're all so close in age

• He'll probably end up banging you, that's what happened to me and a couple of my friends our freshman year with seniors/juniors. They don't call it freshmeat for no reason ya know. But do whatever you want, it's your life

• No... Who cares. Unless he's 20 years old do what you want.