Asian guy can't date?

Hey guys so this is probably isn't even a surprise to you guys.

I'm 28 this year. Asian guy. I'm short. I've never been in a relatinoship, never kissed or held hands with a girl. I think I'm a nice guy, in good shape, I have lots of friends and I have a good career, but girls just don't seem too interested in me. Where I live is mostly white and Asian girls. White girls are generally not interested, Asian girls here seem to mostly want white guys. Even most of my good looking Asian guy friends seem to have a lot of trouble dating let alone me. SOO many of Asian guy friends are single and virgins. I don't think its just us either.

What can I do? It really sucks when you hear about guys getting girls so easily etc, but seriously, to be an Asian guy you guys have no idea... it really sucks

Most Helpful Girl

• The last part was sad to read.. Don't blame yourself for being Asian. It's the majority of the girls where you live that are not smart enough to know that race shouldn't matter. However, I do think that there must be some who don't think like the rest. Have the courage to talk to someone who looks genuine and attractive to you. The worst thing that could happen is for her to say "no." And keep in mind that the not so beautiful like the rest can be more beautiful on the inside. Be patient and don't act desperate. Don't obsess over it, but do keep your eyes open. Don't lose chances.. And most important of all, like yourself. It is so important to feel worthy and have confidence. Not cocky, but feel like you can be worthy of being loved. And don't settle for someone you don't really like. I've also felt insecure because I don't know how to kiss, but I already told myself I will learn when I meet someone I enjoy being with that won't see it as bad. My mother met my father when she was about 27 and she got married two years later. She had never kissed someone, and he didn't have much experience either. However, she told me that didn't matter.. What matters are the feelings they still continue to have for each other. I'm sure you'll find love like this one day :)

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 5

• just keep trying, its not impossible.

• You know what your problem is? You make too much excuses. Blame it on your height, blame it on your race...
    BLAME IT YOUR MENTALITY!
    Accept yourself, work to improve yourself and go out there with confidence!

• Asian guys are generally regard as the lower class men. Asian guys are the "last choice" for most girls despite of their races even thought those nice Asian guy would seem "cheaper" than other races of males. The reason is very obvious. According to the evolution psychology, girls tend to choose the guys who can a safe environment for her to raise the offsprings. Social status is a good reflect to this ability. Here in the U. S, Asian guys are generally in a lower classes. However, Japanese and Korean guys may place themselves in a far better situation because their current cultural influences are greater than other ethnicities in Asia. Therefore, I believe that Asian guys can try to accept this fact and learn to love ourselves more because we can understand our good but others can't. By the way, I'm a Asian guy. And I'm not Japanese or Korean. I love myself, and I love my ethnicity.

• My thoughts on this is, that white girls often think it's YOU, who are not interested in THEM (due to the stereotypical belief that Asian men don't date out of their race)

If you find courage to speak and show interest in them, then they will know you're actually looking for non-asian girls as well, and then it's up for them to decide :)

gl

• I'm white, 25 and never been on a date so whatever you race don't feel alone.

• I happen to be in the Far East at the moment and local Asian women aren't interested in dating me.

• They have not expressed any such interest anyway.

How tall are you then? Because you didn't mention that.