Would you be intimidated if a person you were dating had a straight roommate of the opposite gender?

Basically a dude just told me he's not going to date me because of that.
I kind of found it offensive cuz it's kinda calling me potentially skanky and also relieving because that insecurity could have strangled a relationship.
How would you feel?
for the record on my case, the roomie is good looking according to some girls, we just don't see eachother as more then friends.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been in that situation numerous times. If I had such a problem trusting my girlfriend not to bang her roommate, then that would either speak to issues with her or issues with me. That is, if I didn't feel that I could trust her, either she doesn't deserve my trust (in which case we shouldn't be together) or I am too insecure to trust her (in which case I shouldn't be dating anyone until I become more secure). Either way, you're better off without him.

• Thanks :) I mean for the most part I see that, and I agree with what you're saying, but I guess there's always that little voice in the back of your head that tries pinning blame on you.
      I didn't give a reason to distrust me, so the issue was on him l, I suppose.

What Guys Said 2

• not at all... i'd accept he was just a roommate 8)

• Only if they said they were attracted to each other or boinking.

What Girls Said 3

• I personally would be, but not enough to break off the relationship. I would just be worried that they would flirt with you or something, but not that you would cheat. I wouldn't be too concerned if I were you, someone who'd end it over something like that has some serious insecurities and seems like the jealous type.

• You don't need a person like that... Or maybe that dude you were seeing is gay!

• No, I wouldn;t.