Would you be intimidated if a person you were dating had a straight roommate of the opposite gender?

Basically a dude just told me he's not going to date me because of that.
I kind of found it offensive cuz it's kinda calling me potentially skanky and also relieving because that insecurity could have strangled a relationship.
How would you feel?
for the record on my case, the roomie is good looking according to some girls, we just don't see eachother as more then friends.

0|0
3|3

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been in that situation numerous times. If I had such a problem trusting my girlfriend not to bang her roommate, then that would either speak to issues with her or issues with me. That is, if I didn't feel that I could trust her, either she doesn't deserve my trust (in which case we shouldn't be together) or I am too insecure to trust her (in which case I shouldn't be dating anyone until I become more secure). Either way, you're better off without him.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks :) I mean for the most part I see that, and I agree with what you're saying, but I guess there's always that little voice in the back of your head that tries pinning blame on you.
      I didn't give a reason to distrust me, so the issue was on him l, I suppose.

What Guys Said 2

• not at all... i'd accept he was just a roommate 8)

1|0
    0|0
  • Only if they said they were attracted to each other or boinking.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I personally would be, but not enough to break off the relationship. I would just be worried that they would flirt with you or something, but not that you would cheat. I wouldn't be too concerned if I were you, someone who'd end it over something like that has some serious insecurities and seems like the jealous type.

1|0
    0|0
  • You don't need a person like that... Or maybe that dude you were seeing is gay!

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I wouldn;t.

1|0
    0|0