Guys, would you fall for someone you meet online?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• I did. We had a silly argument though. Now I have no way to contact her. I would give anything to be able to talk to her again :(

What Guys Said 21

• ughhh... most likely not...

• You can't fall for someone you have not met in person, but you can fall for the desire to meet because the personality feels great and you need to get to know more, x

• Completely falling for someone, I don't think so. But I've been very much smitten with girl a couple years ago. I saw a very pictures and we talked on the phone for like 40 minutes, but I loved our text chats. I felt like I didn't have to think about what I say, I could say anything to her and it wouldn't be weird or stupid.

She knew there was interest and connection because she felt the need to tell me that she was giving her ex another chance and that we shouldn't meet. This was 2 days before we planned to meet. That was probably the most cripplingly depressed I've ever been... it made for a very shitty Christmas and new years.

I might say I was infatuated, but properly falling for someone is hard when you've never met. And through my experience I know better than to get too invested in someone you've never met.

• without seein her pic?

• no, it takes some sort of personal contact before you fall for them. you can breed interest online though

• Sure. Would have to take it offline though for it to develop

• Lost my virginity to someone I met online and I just got out of a LDR (long distance relationship) so yeah. Been there done that

• Yeah. Medical student from Syria. Been chatting and Skyping since October of last year (some schedule adjustments were needed on both ends to allow that). She was approved to come to a university in a neighboring city for her observership next spring, so we'll finally get to meet. :D

• Where I meet someone has little to do with whether I fall for a girl or not.

• Yes.. And i asked almost the same question a few mins ago

• yeah... happened many times with me... Many happily married couples first met online (happily looks like an exaggeration though)... but you got to be good enough to separate genuine people from fakes (who unfortunately come in dozens)...

• I would never try online dating at all or meet someone via online for a relationship.

• I've definitely had strong crushes on GaGers in the past... so it is definitely possible.

• yes but only after doing a background check and cos i saw her youtube videos

• I did and it was the worst mistake I ever made. She was underage and I almost went to jail. not to mentioned I was stranded for 11 days in Texas.

• Not very likely unless we meet in real life.

• no that's dumb..

• I can't say anything throughly... Maybe or not.

• I met my wife online.

• I have and I will!

• She fell for me and told me she loved me on the first date. It fell out...