Why would an ex boyfriend say "I am always on your side"?

We have been broken up for a yr. he dumped me bec I was debating about moving in the future. At first he wanted to b friends and then I was too hurt. A couple months later I said we could b friends and we talked for awhile but all of a sudden he stopped starting a convo. We then didn't talk for months so I asked if we are still friends and he said no he didn't think it'd b a good idea cuz it would b uncomfortable and frustrating. I saw him the other day randomly at first he ignored me but later on we got along great. I asked alil about friendship and thts when he said tht and he only says nice things about me.

Most Helpful Guy

• From what I gather from what you said, he still cares about you. He doesn't want to get rejected by you and he feels guilty for dumping you. He may have second thoughts of leaving you. If you want him, go o him. Tell him how you feel about him. And then give him time to process and respond. If he wants you he will tell you. If he doesn't, close the chapter and move on with your life. You are young and life holds many more opportunities for you to meet many more people. If he broke up because you indicated that you might move in the future, he could have seen that as that he is not that important to you. If you want him in your life, then include him in your plans. Talk to him about it. Don't give up, if you love him.

• Thanks for the response! I've told him I wanted him to come with me and tht I am not even sure about moving yet. I still love him, but he hasn't tried getting me back since the break up. Confused cuz he wanted to b friends rlly bad and now nothing. Dnt know what to do, I rlly wanna get back together but it doesn't seem like it'll happen cuz too worried about future and he'll b moving downtown soon. Before seeing him he said he's moved on but it didn't completely seem that way when I saw him in person, he even held my hand. He still wears the watch I got him all the time and has the painting I painted for him out in his room.

What Guys Said 1

• It seems obvious he is still your friend and he still cares for you, and possible still loves you. When you break up with someone they still care about you.

What Girls Said 1

• Just because you guys have broken up, it doesn't necessarily mean his respect for you vanishes...