Could you be in a relationship who doesn't share all the same views as you?

There are so many things that my boyfriend and I agree upon. We share the same religious beliefs, political beliefs, and ideal parenting beliefs, but we have different views on gay marriage. I personally believe that if two people love each other, they should have the right to love each other, they're gender should have any role in whether or not they should get married. My boyfriend for some reason is highly homophobic and I feel really uncomfortable talking about that particular subject. We are quite literally perfect in every single way in our relationship; we have incredible communication, we have a lot of trust, and we can accept eachother, flaws and all. Do you think our disagreement of gay and lesbian marriage will effect our relationship? Would you be able to be with someone whose views don't all match yours?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah I've been with someone who I disagreed on politics, religion and parenting but it didn't really matter as long as you love them

What Guys Said 2

• I'm not sure if I could. It depends on the opinions they agree/disagree with.
    For example if they were homophobic like you say your partner is, I wouldn't be able to be with them.

• then this relationship would b kinda difficult 2 handle in my opinion

What Girls Said 2

• I couldn't. Being homophobia is the same as being a racist and I'd never marry a racist. Being a homophobe is the same as beig a nazi (or rather antisemetist) and I'd never marry a nazi.
    All of these are the same so I could never associate, date or marry someone who beloved these things

• It's very difficult. I feel you.