Should I forgive my boyfriend for lying to me?

Around four months ago my friend had created another number to text my boyfriend to test and see if he would cheat on me. My boyfriend had no idea who my friend was and did not have my number, and my friend claimed to be a random girl that went to my boyfriends highschool a while back. He was extremely friendly and ended up asking to snapchat my friend, as my friend asked what his snapchat was, it was a completely different username than the one he uses with me. After confronting him about all of this, he repeatedly denied having another snapchat and he convinced me that it was simply a typo. I had found it in my heart to forgive him completely. Three months later, I brought it up again and asked him if he seriously had another snapchat and he finally owned up to it, he revealed to me that he had it for two weeks to try fishing for compliments from other girls. He claimed that he was always somewhat jealous that I had guys always wanting my attention and that he wanted the same. Ever since this had all happened, we have grown our faith in the Lord together immensely, everyone sees how much we have grown together, religiously, but in all different aspects as well. Yet I still had my doubts, I know his password to every single one of his social media accounts and just yesterday I logged onto his twitter account, I found three messages he sent to girls six months ago asking them for their snapchat, I realize that it was all in the past but it still gets to me. I know he has changed for the better and we have become religious now, but it still hurts me, he reassures me everyday that he would never do anything to break my trust, but im just not sure. Is this realtionship worht working on?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should forgive him this situation is petty and I could see if he cheated. Yes it's wrong for him to lie to you and talk to other girls but to be honest MOST men are like that even if they say they aren't , 9 times out of 10 they are. Everyone's different and I'm not telling you what to do but I don't see this as a serious issue but if you're feeling unsure about it try to discuss it with him and let him know how you feel and if you feel like the relationship isn't going anywhere then move on

What Guys Said 3

• You know that he is practicing on how to cheat on you and get away with it. So a lie is more that you see. Now it is simple but as he grows in confidence it will be more and bigger. You know this and should not have to ask.

• what is wrong with girls why are you all so paranoid all the time, hacking into your boyfriends accounts just to see if he talks to other women, and god help him if he has. What do you expect of us, to totally ignore the female population for the rest of our lives while you can go around talking to any other guy you wish and if we get mad you call us jealous and leave

• I'd end it. He lied several times. If it were me and a girlfriend did that to me then she would have earned herself the title of ex-gf.

What Girls Said 2

• They are messages from 6 months ago! Also just because you have his passwords doesn't mean that you have free range to his accounts. I'm sorry but real trust is you and your partner having each other's passwords and never using them. You and your friend have some weird trust issues that you need to work out, putting your boyfriend through crazy ass tests like that. Either get over your trust issues or move on because you both deserve to be in trusting relationships which you can't give him.

• I'm in sort of a similar situation. Find it in your heart to forgive. I've been lied to about my boyfriend not talking to his clingy female friend. I've forgiven him but I didn't forget. If he was really just fishing for compliments then you're good. If it was something more then you should thread carefully. Hope this helps.