Girls, how big a deal is height?

I'm 5 foot 5 inches. No one usually perceives me as being short, and I've been told by lots of people I'm "cute", "model like", "hot".
Here's the thing: I agree that a 5 foot 5 inch tall guy dating a 5 foot 10 inch girl could potentially be awkward. I've dated a 5 foot 7 inch girl before. It wasn't a big deal.

What I'd like to know is this: would going on a date with an ATTRACTIVE guy who is AROUND your height bother you? (Please include your height so I can gather better information, and please be descriptive).

12

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 5'5 too and it wouldn't bother me, I'd date a 5'5 guy. If I like him, I like him.

What Girls Said 11

• im 5'9 and id date a guy way shorter than me as long as he was okay with it and not insecure about it

• Nope. I couldn't care less. I'm 5'4 and I dated a guy that was 5'1". It didn't bother either one of us. And he wasn't too skinny, but he was a good weight, leaning towards a slightly more skinny side. While I was more toned and fit.

• I'm 5'8 and while to me it's not a huge deal I like taller guys. Just my preference. Like my boyfriend is 6'4 and it's like the perfect height for hugs, and cuddles, and I feel small and protected. But, my last boyfriend was like 5'7 and I didn't have a problem

• I'm 5'7 and don't care too much. A guy with a terrible personality would be totally unattractive regardless of his height.

• I'm 5'9.

My last boyfriend was 5'10 and it was fine. I am taller than the average woman, so 5'5 would be kind of hard for me. However, if I am attracted to him, I'd give it a shot. But honestly, if a girl won't date you because of your height, you don't need her.

• I'm 4'9 so for me, you're not short at all. I think it's pointless to dislike someone for their height since they have no control over it. I wouldn't mind dating someone your height or even shorter, but when a guy is really tall, I don't usually go for them because I think they may not be into someone as short as me. But that doesn't mean specific heights are more or less attractive

• I'm 5'5 myself. It would bother me initially, and a lot of girls value height, so I'm assuming it'd bother them as well. But after getting to know you on the date -- seeing your confidence, demeanor, sense of humor, and aura -- most girls would forget that you are super tall and give you a shot.

• Lol I'm taller then u I'm 5'7"

• As long as the guy himself is kind, I wouldn't care. And I'm 5'7.

• It's a very big deal. I won't date anyone shorter then me

• Sorry, no interest in dating a short guy. I like my guys to be taller than myself.

• Ugh, this is useless without giving me your height.

• Grammar is useful? You don't even use commas. It should be "Actually, genius, the question is 'Girls, how big a deal is...'"
      That's called an appositive, look it up.

"How big a deal is height?" was modified by the details given by me--in the section below the main question. Large wordy questions don't always get answers. Beyond that: we're on the internet. I somehow doubt that "How big a deal" as opposed to "How big of a deal is" is the worst grammar crime on the internet.

• 😂 Relax buddy, don't get your panties in a bunch.