Does that mean she doesn't like me?

I went to watch a horror movie with my crush and her friend. We sat together in the cinema.
During a part of the movie she got scared so I jokingly offered her my hand asking if she'd like to hold it. She stared at my hand for a few seconds and pushed it away. I was very disappointed and hurt but I laughed it off to hide my sadness.

After some time she screamed again and her hand touched my arm for split second. I tried to hold the back of her hand. She didn't pull away this time. I stopped after a short while because I was scared if I'd make her feel uncomfortable.

Later that night she texted me and we talked about the movie. She said she was scared then I casually teased her about how she refused to receive my kindness when I gave her my hand. She said she was shy.

Was she trying to let me down gently?

7

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope I thing she was genuinely shy and wasn't sure to hold your hand or not.

What Girls Said 6

• If she took a friend on a date with you, she's shy. Maybe not shy shy, but shy around guys. There is a difference between the two. SO as long as she agrees to hang out again just take things slow and don't worry:)

• Not to be a downer, but maybe. I'm pretty shy, but I don't think I would reject a guys hand if I liked him or I was scared. But I don't know her so I don't know personally. I would give her another shot and don't get your hopes down.

• She was flirting

• Flirting? Was she? How?

• maybe or she really likes u too

• She was just hesitant

• That sounds exactly like something i would do. It really is just that she's shy, don't overthink it