Do women have too many reasons for rejecting men?

It seems that women will come up with every reason to reject a man e. g. a man:
- reminds her of her ex
- is talking to her because she feels he has no one else to hit on.."oh come on, how desperate could he be"
- has crappy style.. "omgosh.. how can he wear nike shoes with an adidas hat"
- complimented her.. "yeh right.. I bet he says that to everyone.. like who doesn't have a cute smile"
etc etc
She can come up with a million trivial reasons to reject a guy.

But.. but... when Mr model handsome man comes along.. or Mr Rich or Mr Famous..
She finds ANY excuse to want to be with him.

She'll be over the moon when he dates her..
.. only to find out later that he has plenty of other options..
She gets dropped, and whines "boo hoo hoo why do I only meet a-holes.. I wish a nice man would ask me out"..
And the cycle repeats..
Note: Not every woman is like this. I acknowledge that. But a large number are.. and this question targets those who are.

Most Helpful Guy

• psychology time

Humanity is still physically stuck in the stone age. Yes, our bodies are lagging that far behind. So our instincts are very much intact.

Women are all about quantity, and they deep down KNOW men are physically stronger, so it has become an instinct for them to FEAR men that are not good enough. Why? To protect thmselves from him (rape)!
    It's a competely obsolete instinct, but it's still there. Because volution hasn't gotten fully rid of it yet.
    Hence they will naturally feel threatned by a not ideal guy, and try what they can to get away from it. Whereas a hot guy... well, he's the prime, and it's instinct to want him. He's strong, and got all the qualities her baby need to survive both as a kid and as an adult. Well, skills that would've mattered in the stone age at least.
    Yes, it's that simple.
    And instincts are not contious, so don't be surprised if many disagree with me XD

TL:DR women are picky, and up until recently (in therms of human development) physical strength matter more than personality (better alive with a strong douchebag, than dead with a weak nice guy). Evolution has still not "corrected" itself to that change, so instincts still make them look more for what mattered in the stone age, like strength and durability.

(the good thing about science is that it is supported by vidence, wether you like it or not)

What Girls Said 6

• I don't think women have too many reasons. I think that each person has their own reasons which shouldn't be questioned by others who don't understand their situation, and someone shouldn't be criticised for saying no to a relationship that they don't want. That goes for both men and women.

• The only reason a person rejects another is because of lack of attraction, compatbility or chemistry. Any other reason is just a cover up for the big issue which is usually just lack of chemistry which both genders can feel towards the opposite gender. There's no right or wrong. It is what it is because nobody can force themselves to feel things they simply don't.

• It is what it is. Its our choice to decide who we want in our lives. You don't have to like it.

• There are men out there who had gave a bad look for the rest of the men obviously. I know your not generalizing but this is annoying. There are tons of guys out there who prefer a more attractive woman over a nice average one. Stop putting the blame on women, I can't go a second without seeing these questions on g@g.

• Just guys who are bitter think like you. Get over it, jealousy and bitterness are ugly traits.

• First, it is an extremely valid reason if a girl rejects a guy because he remained her of her ex.
    Second, some guys to go around girl to girl commenting them until he can find one who will have sex with him.
    And all those other things are less harsh than saying "I find you unattractive and annoying, leave me alone"

What Guys Said 5

• Whatever the reason may be, it is her prerogative to reject/accept whomever she wishes. She has the absolute right.
    Look at it this way. If she is in the bad-boy phase decent men are of no interest to her, because they are not 'exciting' or 'fun' enough in her mind. Decent men are better off without such intellectually-deficient and high-maintenance women in their lives.
    The schadenfreude will begin when these women reach age 30 (roughly) and hit the wall. When their looks begin to fade, the telephone rings less often and the free drinks at bars become fewer, they will begin to look in the direction of the decent men who, a few years earlier, were of no interest to them.
    At this time, such men can either: (a) kick back and enjoy the show, watching the former party girls squirm and cry on each others' shoulders about "where did all the good men go"; (b) give one of these used up former nightclub princesses the white picket fence that she wants and accept the 50 per cent risk of being financially ruined in a divorce; (c) date and perhaps marry one of the 20 per cent of 20-something females who are not into the bad boys; or (d) just walk away from the whole wretched business and go MGTOW.

• If someone has ridiculous standards then they will either end up with someone who is highly attractive or they will end up alone. The lower your standards, the higher your odds of meeting someone but your odds of getting a good one is lowered. Having standards that are too high or too low will usually come back to bite someone. Men do it too, just so you know, it's just not as obvious because you're not on the other side of it.

• Yeah, but I mean that's their problem, guys do that too. It's annoying as fuck, but people are dumb so...

• I feel bad for my sister, seeing the array of slobs she has to choose from...

She's never fallen in with "Mr. Model Handsome," it's simply hard to find good men these days who are motivated without being controlling.

• Sounds like most break up because the man a) stops paying attention or b) cheats. Been that way since we lived in caves... (no... I wasn't there so see that)