He kissed her while I was out of town... but he says he is sorry and that it meant nothing... what am I to do now?

We have been dating for over 6 months, I love him but I know he's not the one. But I want to be with him. So I leave for a week trip to see my sister and he texts me the first day saying he kissed a girl. He didn't give any more details, and he keeps saying he screwed up and that he is sorry and that he wants to save our relationship. But I feel like he shot me in the gut, I feel like if he could do something like that with a full clear mind he would keep doing these types of things in the future. so what I'm asking is I need help knowing if this is one of those things o should forgive or if we need space and time or if I should just say we are over or what? Please help I keep breaking down and crying every night because my heart doesn't know what to do.

Most Helpful Guy

• What he did is never acceptable, however, Im not condoning his actions at all or supporting him, but the fact that he owned up to it without you finding out and asking about it makes me think that maybe it really was a mistake in his mind, and that he really does regret it. No one can be 100% positive on any of this, but from what you've said so far (and depending on how you feel towards him) I'd say try giving him another chance, and if he screws up again at all like that then you should definitely leave him.

What Guys Said 1

• You stated you know he isn't THE ONE so I'd say break up

What Girls Said 2

• break up.. sure it will b painful.. and bad.. but after this.. even if you drag this relationship. it will never b the same.. you'll not b able to trust him.. you'll always find ways to b suspicious.. moving on on good terms is better than wasting you precious time on something that will never b the same..

• Well as a girl in a long term relationship i do not approve of any kind of cheating whether it's kissing or other.

I get why you're upset, especially because he wasn't even drunk And has no excuses.
    The "good"part about this, is that he was honest with you.

You just have to make your mind up about him. Can you trust him again? Can you kiss him without thinking of him Andreas that other girl? Do you feel like ever going on a trip again? Can you really live with this?

If you can, then be with him. But if you can't i suggest you break up now. You need to trust him.