Why do I feel guilty? Should I continue on doing this?

My sister's boyfriend's brother who is about the same age as I am, we've been talking the past 14 weeks since the day we met. My mom doesn't approve of us talking, so I always have to put on this act around her that we don't talk and etc. Me and him talk all the time, they live an hour a way and he just got a job, so I haven't seen him much but we still talk on the phone late at night and message all the time. I don't exactly know what we are, we've kissed, hugged, cuddled, and even said I love you every time we get off the phone, but never further than that. I want to make my mom happy but I don't know if it's going to make me happy. I feel bad for going behind her back and he understands why I have to do what I do. But.. the more I think about making her happy, the more I wonder if I even actually like him. I think I do but I've over thought so much i don't know anymore. Also my mom is sick so I would feel bad for going behind her back if anything were to happen to her, and I feel guilty for everything. I would type more to this but I'm running out of letters I can use. Please and thank you for your help.

Most Helpful Guy

• There are many things to consider here. First of all its sad that your mom is sick, however you have to make the choice that is right for you. There are a few things you may want to think about.

Does you mom have a valid reasons for not wanting you to talk to him? Listen to her opinion but don't like it dictate your choice.

Since you are 15 she does have a legal right to tell you what to do. That does not mean she *owns* you but you have to consider how her disapproval could affect your life.

Take all of that into consideration and make the choice that is best for you. No body on this planet cares about your best interests as much as you do.

• What things should I think about? I've spent the past 3 weeks thinking about everything. I don't know anymore

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 1

• You should talk to your mom and say that you're really interested in him and that you wanna date him. She may be worried about you because she's your mom bUT you should reassure her that you really wanna date this boy if you really do like him. You've only talked to him for 2 weeks so I definitely don't think you love him. You even said so yourself that you don't even know if you like him that much. You should just figure out if you're really serious about this and talk to your mother

• I've talked to him for 13 week, almost 5 months. She doesn't want me to talk to him period. I tried talking to her about it, even jokingly saying if I liked him then what, she said she'd prob disown me/cut me off

• Then I don't know what you can do. I don't know how much of a relationship you can have with this boy if you guys live far away and rely on texting to communicate with each other. You just have to try and convince your mom. If you want to keep your relationship a secret then you do you but I don't see it lasting very long if you guys don't really see each other