Why would someone not respond to a message from a person they 'liked' on dating site?

Makes zero sense to me, especially if the message is civil and respectful.

Most Helpful Girl

• Here's the thing: women receive A LOT of messages on dating websites. They don't necessarily have time to read and respond to all of them, especially if civil and respectful turns out to be not that eye-catching.

• Except this is a message by someone who the girl showed interests in.

• I almost never get responses to thought out messages.

• Then you must be boring.

What Girls Said 5

• Depending on the site "likes" are often picture based so perhaps they viewed your profile after reading your message and did not feel you would be compatible. Or it just got lost in a sea of messages. Or they are busy talking to someone (s) they feel has date potential who messaged them before you.

• Maybe they didn't like them that much afterall.

• Can't say. If I liked a guy and he messaged me that saves me the time on how to contact him. I can only think she "liked" you on accident or hasn't logged on in a while.

• They're probably just busy wait a while, if not then she/he is not interested.

• Who knows what goes on in other peoples heads...

What Guys Said 4

• I honestly find most girls (admitting) they only use online dating for attention.

• Don't use dating sites unless you're a model that poses for underwear because most women get a lot of messages and only pick model like guys which is the reason they're using a dating site because they're really shallow

• Maybe they forgot resend and see whats up

• they never saw it yet or accidently deleted it. stop worrying they will respond in their own time