Is it okay to not hear from my boyfriend for more than a week & we just started a long distance relationship?

My boyfriend & I have been together for 7 months. We were in this program called job corps & we were with each other all day, every day. We loved being around each other. We fell in love fast. He said he is very picky on who he dates & falling in love this fast really means something to him. He said I am the last person he'll ever love & he can't wait to live with me & grow old with me. We graduated together & left each other the same day. Reasons why I can't live with him now is because I'm 17 & he is 20, also were not financially stable yet. He lives in Flordia, I live in Delaware. We won't be able to see each other until I turn 18 which is in 6 months. Him & I planned everything together in the future...(Side note) When we had to go back home Christmas break he didn't contact me the whole time for our 3 week vacation. He only said few things. We came back to job corps & I was angry. He said he was with friends & family. I was thinking what if he does this when we're actually separated? Then what? So here we are separated & he did good his first week, he does have a job & when he gets off at work he'll call me at night & we'll talk for a little bit. Sometimes he'll text me during work.. Then the second week comes I haven't heard from him.. At all! Nothing. I call him at nights after work & his phone is off. I keep asking him what is wrong? What did I do? No response. Then I begged him not to turn off his phone because I want to talk & I miss him. He turns off his phone anyway. It's been like this for more than week. The only thing I heard from him after a week of him not talking to me is "I'm fucking stressed, I need a little peace & quiet." Then nothing from him again. I understand people need to be alone sometimes but more than week? Doesn't he know that I'm stressed? I don't know what to think.

Most Helpful Girl

• Move on and dont chase after anyone. Stop reaching out. Dont be so available. If he doesn't come looking for you within a week then forget about him. For real. No exceptions. Dont allow yourself to get played or be used as someones entertainment because you are willing to be there.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• I'm so sorry, but it sounds like he has either lost interest or possibly met someone.

It honestly isn't uncommon that a relationship that started normally begins to fail if it turns to long distance. The fact that he isn't excited to talk to you is a sign something is up.

• I had a boyfriend like in the past his name is brian. Actually that particular situation sounds exactly the same as yours (kinda scary ). But I learned that communication is key in a relationship. If he can't communicate with you then you need to leave especially if it takes him a week to contact you again

• But I did try to break up with him while we were in job corps because of this fear & he cried & told me not to leave him & he says he doesn't think about the time we'll be apart but the time when I can finally hold you in my. He begged for me not to go, he said he wouldn't know what to do. Like he has done everything for me when were up there. It's just really confusing as to why to why he does this now... I don't get it

• It's stressful dealing with long distance relationships. But remember his feelings aren't the only ones in your relationship, yours needs to be thought of too. Communication is important, more so if it's long distance.

• Hey.. My boyfriend just broke up with me now. He said I can't do it, I'm sorry, bye. I'm pretty sure he blocked me too.. How do I handle this?

• If you're not okay with it, then it's not ok.

• No it's not.