Is a kiss on the cheek friendly or flirty?

Just wondering.

Most Helpful Guy

• If he's under 18, and from America. I've never heard of a guy giving a cheek kiss to a girl as opposed to a hug, if he wanted to be friendly... and I went to an all guy High school.

If he was over 18, then it's possible he's that mature. But if it's in High School then uhhh. I don't think so. He must be flirting. Unless of course he's from another country.

What Guys Said 2

• From a man friendly... If you want to change that then that's another story.

• If you're in Europe, or they're European, I think it's considered to be friendly. Otherwise, I think it's flirty. (I'm assuming that you mean to the opposite sex)

• Absolutely opposite. And thanks!

What Girls Said 3

• It depends on the culture the person is coming from. In certain cultures a kiss on the cheek is not a big deal. It's just a standard way of greeting someone (or leaving).

• Friendly, but can be subtly flirty

• Well that would depend? does he do that to other girls or just you? I know personally, that most guys I know do the cheek thing as a greeting (and no I don't live in europe). Like I said it just depends on the guy. Some guys I have known for years and they still don't greet me like that.