Girls, on a scale of 1 (Not Important) to 10 (Very Important), how important is it to date a really hot guy?

I ask this because I see lots of very attractive girls with guys that are average looking at best. I know importance varies girl-to-girl, but in general how important are looks to a girl when it comes to dating?

8

Most Helpful Girl

• It isn't that physical attraction doesn't matter, its that girls have very broad tastes in what they deem as physically attractive. Most guys agree on which girls are hot, but many girls find themselves wondering why their friend is attracted to someone but does't have the hots for the guy they're interested in. I'm glad we're like that. It reduces competition. That average guy might look like Mr. Attractive himself to the beautiful girl. And then too, if he has something else she values like status, humor, athleticism, or success -- it overrides her perception of his objective handsomeness.

What Girls Said 7

• It all depends on one's definition of hot. What might look hot to one, may just look ordinary to another. So while you might think the girls are dating average guys, the girls might think they are dating good looking guys. Besides, past the initial attraction phase it's the personality that keeps people around not the good looks!

• Not that important, most of us value personality way more.

• A 3. Too be honest I tend to only date averages guys.

• A 6.5. I have to be attracted to him

• 5 I would say.

• It's matters what in the inside...3

• A 4. I am so tired of these appearance questions. If a guy ever walked up to me in person and asked me about his appearance I would just walk away. He clearly doesn't have confidence in himself. Who wants someone like that? Not me

• Well it's not that its an issue of confidence. It was more of just curiousity.