He Messed Up. Second Chance It?

A guy I knew and "talked to" 4 years ago searched for and found me about a month ago through LinkedIn. We hung out again and immediately hit it off. Everything was going smoothly (or so I thought) until my birthday last weekend. He had told me he would drive into the city (I live in NYC) and either pick me up or meet me wherever I was. That afternoon, I texted him the plans only for the entire night to pass without so much as a text from him. That was a Saturday. On Sunday, my actual birthday, I still didn't hear from him. I never said a word. Fast forward to Monday afternoon when I finally get a text and to add insult to injury all it said was: "just like that. smh." After mulling over a response for 45 minutes, I finally told him I wanted someone reliable and honest in my life and he was not it, then I wished him luck and let it go. I get this in return: ammm... hmmm... ok. I ignored it and deleted his number then two days later (last night) he sends me a link to a song we had bonded over and says "hope we can still be friends," followed by another text saying "you didn't even give me the chance to tell you my excuse." Again, as hard as it is, I ignored the text. Did I do the right thing? I feel if he was truly remorseful and afraid of me never talking to him again he would step it up and show he was sorry and actually even say sorry and understand why he should be apologetic. He made me feel so bad on my own birthday. I just can't tolerate that kind of disrespect and I'm disappointed he pulled a stupid move like that at all.

yeah but if he was being honet why not just give me the explanation, versus trying to bait me to talk to him and not even tell me what happened. and why not even tell me the day of my birthday what happened. it seems like his ego's hurt... but that doesn't exactly mean he's being sincere. UGH. Confused.

Most Helpful Guy

• guess u should give him another chance... sounds like he's honest

What Guys Said 2

• Sounds like your minds made up. No second chance

• you have a point but why ignore the second text? he was trying to be honest
    if not a second chance give him chance to explain at least

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah, you did the right thing.

He should have told you his excuse when you wished him good luck instead of replying hmmm ok