Do you find online dating pointless?

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

• Only if you're a man.

As a woman it's like being in a shooting gallery.

What Girls Said 4

• It's not meant for everyone. It worked well for a lot of people I knew. So it definitely has its place. For other people, like myself, it just didn't work.

• It's effective for some people, but not meant for all.

• It all depends on who it is. Some people think it's a joke but if you find someone committed then it's worth it, cause you never know they might be your soul mate

• It is not for me but some people actually like it a lot.

What Guys Said 8

• No, I don't. We're living in an internet generation.

I mean, is online communication pointless? Obviously not, since we have email, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Is paying bills online pointless? Not at all, since it's a LOT more convenient. Is watching movies online pointless? Thanks to Netflix, Popcorn Time or even Youtube, not at all! It's a lot easier than going out and buying one. Is researching online pointless? No, because there are scholarly sources out there with at least somewhat accurate information.

The point I'm making is, our generation spends their lives online. We meet online and converse online. It seems most of the people who shun online dating are middle-aged or elderly, which I can understand since they don't spend much time on the internet anyway.

Personally, I prefer meeting people in person too but it seems many girls think that's "creepy" these days. Also, it depends on the person: It works for some people, and doesn't for others.

• I don't think it works well for young people because too many of them have the attitude that online dating is for losers. For people over 30, I think it works okay. There are certainly lots of losers, liars, and gold diggers on those sites, plus scam artists, but if you go to a bar to meet women, you shouldn't expect to encounter a multitude of virtuous maidens.

The thing about dating is this: yes, you will encounter the losers and have many bad experiences but you only need to find one person who's right for you and then you're finished. And, when you meet that person, all the bad experiences will make you appreciate what you have discovered.

• If you are a guy and you aren't hot or rich it's pointless. Women are on cloud 9 swimming through those messages. They cherry pick who they grace with a response and 7/10 it will be just that a response. Nothing is wrong with dating sites it's the people that are broken that ruin it for the normal people. For average and up girls they get unrealistic standards and are on their as if shopping for clothes. For guys there's a bunch of creepos, old men, and dick pic senders ruining OT for normal guys because girls don't deal with problems on there they run at the first sign of discomfort

• For men it's pointless, because women get messaged 1,000 times a day and the only way for a guy to stand out is to lie like crazy in their profile. The only time I ever got hits with Match. com was when I told people I was a millionaire and photoshopped myself next to a Ferrari in France.
    It's pointless.

• It can be - I find it very rarely works for me

• Its not for me... but I have seen people in real life having to met their love online and they have been together in a relationship...
    So for some it works and for some it doesn't...

• It's pretty good as I got replies and even through like 6 months I got 2 - 3 woman which messaged me but I normally fail in communication and it's dead after usually 5 minutes but I got a friend out of this by accident so it's not bad. I would say I have better chances in real life tho.

• If it leads to a legitimate date, then yes.