Why does this guy sporadically message me?

So he does this shit all the time messages me one time to see if I answer then hell read then won't answer me then I'll be like fuck you too then a month later hell realize I've gone on with life and I'm not pining for his attention its like he tests to see if I'll talk to him but he won't talk to me. What gives? I don't take him seriously I take him with a grain of salt but its like wtf is he trying to do? he's my ex by the way. He messages me first too.

Most Helpful Guy

• Pining? That's a word I'd use. Have we talked before? Here's the truth of the matter, you do care or else you wouldn't be asking this on this site. You have some emotional ties to him and he knows it and he does to you too. Stop the games and BS and talk to each other like mature adults

What Guys Said 1

• This sounds eerily similar to my previous love interest. She only initiated messaging once, and that was for confirmation on a coworker's health. As it is, this is the second time I haven't heard from her in over two months, so fuck it, I'm done pretending we're still friends.

What Girls Said 2

• ah, just ignore him! he's life is obviously not as good as yours and he's trying to compensate for it by assuming that if he texts you and you're answering you're still feeling something. He's willing to play with your feelings, he's not worth it.

• He's playing with you, block him from texting you. Problem solved!