Is it wrong to take time away for yourself?

This guy & I were really into each other for the past two months, we instantly felt a deep connection and made each other happy. We were literally at that point of getting into a relationship... then I kind of freaked out.. my interest was diminishing, which is a problem I have, perhaps commitment issues, so I told him the truth and that I needed time. I said I wanted to be friends and he agreed, but we haven't spoken to each other in almost two months. I took the time for myself, and now I want a chance again, but I kind of feel bad for interrupting what we had because of MY problems. I want to text him. Should I feel bad? I don't know if he may want to talk to me. Is it okay I took this time? Am I wrong?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is okay that you took your time to do all of that, however, don't expect him to be just there waiting for you because chances are, after 2 months, maybe he won't and that's what happens when you do things like this.

I wouldn't get your hopes up, I say message him but you'll be lucky if he still feels the same way. And seeing as though you took the time to figure yourself out and see that you still want to date him, let's hope that won't happen again, for his sake, of course.

All the best. :)

What Guys Said 9

• You took your time off. It was your right, he respected that. He probably considered himself single again and went looking elsewhere. Honestly, I don't think you have the right to be angry. YOU have problems, not him. He accepts that you have problems, that doesn't mean he HAS to deal with them...

• I say text him again, but expect to take everything back from the start.

• Has anything changed so you won't freak out again?

• Totally fine to take your time and text him to see what he says! Worse case you get nothing but you will never know if you don't do something. Try hinting at that you want to be with him.

• It's always fine to take time for yourself.

• Its a good thing you did this. He is a lucky man:D

• its not wrong, even guys do. its up to him if he wants to start again. next time you dont have to break up to take time away.

• I would hope so.

• In my opnion it's better to take your time than to jump into, let's say marriage

• You better explain why you were gone for so long, and hope that he understands

What Girls Said 4

• You two didn't need to stop talking while you took that time. That's the only thing I would feel bad about.

But I would text him.

• No, that's not wrong at all. In fact, I would say it's good for you to take time to yourself to figure out what you want, at least that way, you aren't stringing someone along. You did the right thing considering where you were at, mentally and emotionally. If you feel now like you are ready to be with him, just talk to him and explain what happened. If he cares about you, he should understand. Don't feel bad, sometimes you just have to take care of yourself first.

• okay? it's necessary. in cases like this, and in general, time to ourselves is something we need to, arguably, retain sanity.

• Let him be. You don't know what you want.