Is it normal to not get excited when talking to a new girl?

I've mainly done the online dating thing and tinder and the girls on both of these things are usually completely nuts. So now I hardly even get excited anymore when I start talking to a new girl. I wish I could meet girls in real life, but I just don't go out unless you count running errands going out. I don't really have any friends. I used to get super excited thinking oh sweet i'm going to have a gf! Then I quickly realize it just doesn't work like that. haha

Most Helpful Guy

• yeah if its just online and you've not even meeting them in real life its hard to get excited anymore , I tried online and it went nowhere. in real life meet a lot of girls and did make some connections although didn't land a relationship did meet some girls I'd want to date at some point. I think its ok to try online but it shouldn't be your only option or only place your looking for dates

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah. That's pretty normal. Same with women. A lot of guys hit you up just to get in your pants.

• How do you convince a girl otherwise? How do you show her you're not one of those guys? Sometimes I have trouble getting girls on dates cause they had a bad experience or something like that and then we just end up texting for 3 weeks until I get tired and throw in the towel. Like this one girl said she wanted to see how her schedule would be next week and she'll let me know asap, well I think it's next week.

• The issue is not with you---it's those girls. They need to get over their issues. You're doing everything right if you're asking them out and pursuing them.

• (smiling)
    Dating and sex with someone new for me = total excitement = situation "normal"

• I feel the same way lol

• Why is that? Too many guys wasting your time?

• Yes. And no. I just feel disinterested in most guys that I've been going on dates with recently. Most of the time its cuz im trying to forget a guy i really liked,, lots of times cuz the ones I end up gong on dates with aren't really what I'm looking for. Also, I'm used to dates never going anywhere and never finding the right person so I feel like im just going on dates to try and get over this guy and make myself feel better even tho im probably not really interested in this guy and things probably won't go anywhere anyway cuz so many guys i go on dates with are so lame in terms of followup, interest, and conversation.

What Guys Said 2

• if u r not excited... thenn my guess would b..."not so interested"

• Yeah dude i thought it came easy too i learned the hard way