Why do guys keep consistently ignoring me instead of telling me the truth, and especially when I ask for the truth?

Hey guys... So I know the most obvious answer to my above question is simply: If the guy ignores you, he simply is not interested. Okay, I get it... But... my question is more about why this consistently happens to me. Do guys ignore you and pull away because they want to emotionally disconnect as well?

For example, recently I just told a guy friend, who was actually my roommate too, that I had a crush on him. Then, I moved out of the apartment, but he never told me how he felt. Then, we didn't speak to each other for two months, and I recently wrote him an email asking him to tell me the truth. And I didn't get a response. I wrote him the email in a nice way, so I'm not sure why someone who claimed they were your friend, would just straight out ignore you. I get it if he's not interested, but I was wondering if any guys out there have ignored a girl who was a friend like this? Why not just tell the girl how you feel in an email, if she is asking you for the truth? I just think it's really strange behavior and really cruel to not respond to someone who was a friend and good roomate. I don't really get what his problem is, but anyways, I guess I'm looking for the guy's perspective on this one. Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• Believe it or not, guys don't access our emotions are quickly as women do. A lot of times a girl will press for an answer and we give you one, but obviously girls want a lot more emotion and elaboration but in our minds "i've already answered her, what else does she want?"

What Guys Said 3

• An inaction that can cause pain, is often seen as a lesser evil then an action that can cause pain. In fact for a person to take action the inaction often needs to be seen as bringing about far greater harm. If he is worried about saying the wrong thing, then he would fear that his action would bring you pain, and he wants to avoid that. He likely doesn't think his inaction could hurt you anymore than him messing up and saying the wrong thing.

• Maybe he didn't know how to respond to you?

• Girls dont like me so i dont have that problem :)

What Girls Said 1

• He was not interested in you and he felt uncomfortable talking to you after you confessed to him. Some people have a tendency to ignore other people who may have expressed an interest in them. He didn't bother to tell you how he felt because he didn't want to upset you.