Who should pay for the second date if the first date?

the guy paid? Again the guy? The first date me and teh guy I like went out to dinner only and so he end up paying for both of us, even if he was very hesitant to pay for both of us and he wanted each one to pay our own meals, hours before our date took place but at the end he paid. THere is a possible second date so the guy very open and forward told me, "you invite and you pay".

For the second date we may go to the movies and then eat something. One of his choices were "each one pay for the movie tickets but you I pay for dinner" or if I prefer I pay for everything if I want to. There is a slight possibiity that if when we go to te second date it be on a week it is his bday in that case should I pay for movie and dinner as well or should I leave like he told me, movie each one then dinner I pay for both

Any thoughts?

Let me clarify a bit. the first date even if he was hesistant at the beginning and told me what he told me he end up paying for both of us. Now it be the seond date and he told me u invite y ou pay beause for him it was fair that if he pad for all the first date it be fair and normal I pay for the second? Is taht wrong? Even if the first date it was only dinner but this time it me movie and dinner

Most Helpful Girl

• What a dick. I CANNOT believe he actually said that to you. Where has chivalry gone these days? Most of the guys who I hang out with (I'm not even dating them) usually pay for my meals. WTF is wrong with that bastard?

If the guy can't afford to pay, offer to take her for a walk in the park or take her fishing.

• I disagree, most women have jobs in this country and have money. This is why guys are less likely to date and just use women for sex.

• @StickStickity13, well aren't you just lovely

• Those are gender roles on some countries

What Guys Said 4

• I always pay up until the relationship is exclusive. I'm old school though and believe in courtship. Plus I never know of that woman is going to be my wife or the mother of my kids so I want to have the best memories possible about treating her well from the start. But that's just me.

• Well, good on the women that you've dated with! Some men actually hink the other way around, they are not sure if the relationships would go anywhere so they don't want to "invest" too much!

• You should be splitting the bill from the beginning. But since he paid you should pay this time. Fair is fair.

• Both should unless u told him that u dont have any money to go so he can decide whether to pay for both of u.

• I never mind paying on the first date, but seriously women actually have legitimate jobs and make money now. You should split checks or take turns paying

• A lady just told me thisÑ" thats a FUCKING JOKE! HAHAHH no way please drop the guy. no SANE gentleman will EVER make a girl pay. i myself have NEVER paid for a date because... its an unwritten rule. unless you guys are really young teens like REALLY young and you dont have money then i understand BUT, if this guy is seriously interested in you he won't think about splitting the bill unless he's BROKE then in that case u need to drop his broke ass! you deserve the world girl AT YOOUR FEEEETT!!

• You mean like each one pay for what each one consumes?

• If that chick can find a guy that will pay every time no questions asked good for her.

But if she likes me I shouldn't have to spend boat loads of money on her. Divide the check however you want,
      50-50, pay for what you order, or pay for the entire check and switch off who pays

What Girls Said 5

• thats a FUCKING JOKE! HAHAHH no way please drop the guy. no SANE gentleman will EVER make a girl pay. i myself have NEVER paid for a date because... its an unwritten rule. unless you guys are really young teens like REALLY young and you dont have money then i understand BUT, if this guy is seriously interested in you he won't think about splitting the bill unless he's BROKE then in that case u need to drop his broke ass! you deserve the world girl AT YOOUR FEEEETT!!

• U think that all the dates the guy has to pay? dont u think that is a bit unfair? If both of us can do it

• It is 2015 the bill should be shared or take turns

• No girl is so special that she should be given free dates every single time.

• Are your date working? Or still in school?
    If working usually he will pay everything..
    But for me i will ask do you want me to pay?
    And in case your second date will be movie and dinner, I spit the bill.. I pay for movie dan my date will pay for dinner..
    Just make it fair..

And for the next chances if he keeping pay the bill, you need contribute as well sometime..
    Cause I don't feel like he buy me. Lol

• We are not young people we are both adults. I even heard people saying that men should aways pay for the women and a women will never have to pay

• In other countries the birthday person pays for everyone? Now that is a first one I heard. Cause it is supposed he is the guest of honor how he or she has to pay?

• Yea.. It's what happened in my country.. So when i move to other country.. I suppressed as well..
      So, when i had birthday.. I will ask some of my friends to go dinner with me, then i pay all the bill..

• If it's his birthday, it'd be nice if you paid for everything.
    I'd never let anyone pay for something like that on their birthday.
    Do whatever you feel comfortable with though.
    It's nice that he's being straight with you.

• I know he was straight with me but some people still live in the 1900 and had told me men mostly need to pay for everything. and also told me that Expecting me to pay every single time if we have an equal income would be extremely selfish. You would just benefit off me rather then share, and i find sharing very important in a relationship. A girl that doesn't adjudge me something to would be a dealbreaker.

• I think a guy should pay for the first date, as far as i know, most of them want to. It's a way to impress you. Also, if I offered to pay on the first date, it would be a way of telling him, lets just be friends. But after that you should split the bill, it's just good manners.

• split the bill or i can invite him once in a while?

• Unbelievable what I lady in her mid 20s just told me she said: What a dick. I CANNOT believe he actually said that to you. Where has chivalry gone these days? Most of the guys who I hang out with (I'm not even dating them) usually pay for my meals. WTF is wrong with that bastard?

• I know, lol, I read that. Super selfish.

• If it were me and he paid for the first, I'd pay for the second

• Now im told that in any way a woman should pay for everythign the man has to pay for everything what do u think_

• It's 2015, If you are able to do so, you can split the bill or take turns.