Do you think I should go?

Okay so... There's this guy I met when I went to the beach earlier. I was getting out of the water when he smiled at me. I smiled back at him and walked back under my umbrella with my mom and sister. There's a volleyball net about 10 feet from where our umbrella is, and him and a couple of guys started playing volleyball next to us. I went back to the water and he followed me and he came up to me and he asked me what my name was and I told him. He said that I was pretty and he asked me how old I was. I told him that I was 16, and he said "damn you're young." I asked him how old he was and he told me that he was 20. I said, "aww that sucks." He said, "we can still be friends though." I said, "okay." He then asked me for my number and we started walking along the shore and just talked and stuff and then my mom called me and told me that it was time to go. I told him "bye" and he asked for a hug and I gave him one. We've been texting for the past 3 hours and he just asked me if I wanted to go to the movies with him tomorrow and that he would pick me up. I asked my mom, and I told her that he was 20. She said, she didn't mind as long as he was respectful and that she can meet him. I haven't answered yet. I want to go but I don't want him to be seen as a pedophile and I don't want him to get the wrong idea...

Most Helpful Guy

• It's an unfortunate situation but ultimately it's not worth it. Sorries.

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah he's obviously attracted to you and rightfully so. However, if I was him I wouldn't have even asked you for your number. You're under age, I know it sucks but hey, in the event if things got serious he can be charges for statutory rape.

• I don't think he wants to be JUST friends...

What Girls Said 2

• I mean I would go. He's obviously interested in you. If you're not interested in him anymore then a friend, make sure you are upfront about it.

Also 4 years isn't a big deal. If he was 23 and you were 13, then I'd be concerned.

• im sorry but if a 20 guy wants to DATE a 16 year old girl... something is up. Im sorry to be blunt but he just wants to hit you up them bounce. ESPECIALLY considering your age, if he was a REAL man he would not even consider you. Even though your gorgeous he would himself be like "yoo this girl is to young for me." anyways dont do it, he just wants sex and then he'll be charged with statutory rape! DONT DO IT BEAUTIFUL there are a lot of men your age that are just as cute.