Is a summer boyfriend really worth it?

I recently broke up with my boyfriend of 6 months. It ended pretty badly, I had to take him to the hospital because he cut scarily bad. After that I went to a few parties and I met this guy. We immediately hit it off and we're pretty clearly into each other. We flirted for a few weeks than things escalated. Now we text every day that we aren't together and it's really sweet. I leave town in a few months so I don't know if it's a good idea to let this relationship develope. I'm already falling for him, I fall in love way too easily. And from everything I can glean he feels the same way and is equally worried about getting attached before I leave. We still have a few months but I don't know what to do in those. I want to be able to tell him I love him if and when the time comes but I don't know if that would be a good thing.

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess it would be wrong to deny your feelings to each other. You may have to decide whether you prefer to enjoy the good times you have left together or stop it from developing.
    With things now days it can be easy to stay in contact. long distance can be hard but it does work for some people. Hopefully you're not travelling too far away!

What Guys Said 3

• it's a good idea so you can get over your ex more faster

• I'm over my ex. I was over him before we split, that's why we split

• Only 4. The problem is that I like him a lot and I don't know if it's better to cut it of now or later. That's the issue...

• It's ok, I don't mind. Thanks though c:

• That is hard, do you think you're able to make a LDR work? for some it does, but it's really hard...

• I can't long distance. I'm not planning on coming back. it would just be for summer

• Friendzone him. You don't need to cut off all ties, but talk to him as a friend. Make it clear to him
      The longer you wait, the harder that might become

• depends on how slutty you are?

can you survive a few months without cock?

• That's not an issue, I can get it either way. It's just a matter if it being a meaningful thing or hooking up.

In answer to your question yes, but I don't want to

• well you answered your own question fuck em an move on

no matter what you do it won't really be meaningful

What Girls Said 1

• Yes and no. Yes because it'll help you get over your ex. No because what if you hurt the other guy orrrr you get hurt? When you leave town it's gonna hurt both of you..