My boyfriend is so selfish?

He smokes! The first time he asks me out, I already told him I do not tolerant smokers, and please quit smoking if he wants us to be together. If you wonder why, research about secondhand smokers and death rate. Growing up, my parents don't smoke. My dad quits smoking before my mom gets pregnant with me because he cares for my health. It has been about a year since I inhale secondhand smoking from my boyfriend almost everyday. I think my lungs are probably black now! I told him to quit he said he will but NEVER quit. One year already passes! He smokes for 10 years already and lately as he aged he has lots of health problems! I told him to stop but he just fucking won't. He's so selfish he doesn't have money if he has health issues who's gonna pay for that what do I do now?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you knew he smoked before dating him then why did you decide to pursue a relationship with him? If he smokes around you then he is selfish. You should put your health above anything else. You can get a new boyfriend, but it's not so easy to get a new set of lungs :-)

• This is what I told him yesterday. There are many guys out there but there aren't many lungs out there. I told him he smokes and he gets high in return he has health problem it's I give and take. It's selfish for me because I have to inhale all thise smelly gas and have runny nose and eyes afterwards yet still have 10 times more health problems than he will have.

What Guys Said 7

• OMG! My boyfriend ignores my demands! Let me obsess about him ignoring my demands all day long. Should I leave him? Or just obsess about him some more?

• I would suggest leaving him. He is selfish and will continue smoking. This doesn't benefit your health. If he really loved you, then he would you over his smoking addiction.

• Even it's not good for his health, not just my health, but he won't stop. He smokes it gets him high he feels good but it's bad for his health that's give and take, but I inhale those in it's smelly give me runny nose not enjoyable at all yet still have health problem that's so selfish of him.

• I'm confused. If you can't stand smokers, then why are you dating one?

• He promised he'll quit. I don't want to exclude someone from my dating field if it's something changable.

• So you do conditional dating I see?

• I think you need to leave I would protect my health

• let him know whos boss... is give him a choice either you or the pack of cigarette.

• He told me he'll quit after this opened pack, let's wait and see..

• Leave him... sorry it's cruel but leave him...
    If he can't quit, then he should look for a smoker instead of ruining your health

• Yeah, I think my lungs will be ruined if he won't stop. Secondhand smokes have 10 times more negative effect then the smokers.

• Nah he just smokes right in front of me and let the smoke hits my face and I hve runny nose and eyes afterwards. Then he kissed me I can taste that nasty stuff in his mouth :/

• Hahha kissing ashes ya yaya? xD

Well yeah, you should leave the guy and find a healthier more understanding guy

• because he is a asshole

What Girls Said 6

• You knew he was a smoker but went against your beliefs and dated him anyway. this could have all been avoided

• I understood that quitting takes time that's why I decided to give him a chance but once I fall in love with him for real I started to realize he isn't making an effort to quit. It was too kate when I realized I already love him... :(

• You knew he was a smoker soooo.
    also quitting cold turkey cam make you sick so chill out. Dump him if its such a big deal to you.

• He's already sick every other week. Stone in kidney, asthma can't breath, always a fever or sore throat, oral problems teeth problems, blah blah blah yet won't quit.

• You think fevers are from smoking... looooool

• "The first time he asks me out, I already told him I do not tolerant smokers, and please quit smoking if he wants us to be together"

Yet you went out with him anyway, only have yourself to blame.

• Quitting takes time, but it seems like he doesn't make an effort to.

• You really expect someone to change because you say so?

• you should not have gone out with him..

• If you knew he smokes when you started dating you can't get angry that he smokes now! It's not like he started after you got together.

• To flirt and date with me, he quits smoking when we were dating (for about a month) or smokes when I'm not around I don't know, then started again after we got together.

• Well it seems like he values smoking more than you. You should either give him one last ultimatum and tell em you mean business or just leave him ASAP and maybe he'll realize he's a fool. Than it's up to you to decide to take him back and overcome his addiction or just leave him period

• I told him yesterday I do not want to see him smoking anymore. If he smokes in front of me anymore or if I can smell smoke from him we're done!