Do I go for it, or don't I?

I've known this guy for over 4 years now. When we had first met, he seemed like he was into me. A couple months later, that changed. He didn't see me like he thought he did anymore.
Bringing us to the present, about 2 weeks ago, he out of nowhere, brought up maybe taking me out on date. Said it's something he's thought about for a while now.
I'm probably going to be an idiot for saying this, but I turned him down. Now, before you go judging me, there's a few reasons why here.

1. He told me I'm "like a sister" to him around the 2 months after I met him. Obviously, something like that can change down the road. I get it.
2. He's actually been kind of a horrible friend to me.
3. I found out he lied to me on more than one occasion over the years.
4. He kept that he had a son with an ex from me months after his son was born, and we were talking almost every day back then.
5. Lastly, I have 3 friends that haven't even met him yet, and based on how he's been towards me all these years, they hate him. One of my friends said she didn't know if she even wants to meet him because of this.

On the plus side, my parents absolutely adore him. My mother says that if I ever got a chance with him, I should go for it. I mean, he's super sweet, shows he cares more than most, funny. He's actually got compassion even though, he himself, doesn't think so.

I told him a couple of the reasons why I didn't think we should just yet. Told him about my parents even. Suggested we spend more time together first and then see what happens. He agreed completely with me. Even offered me to stay the night with him if my parents ever got too annoying. Like I said, he's incredibly sweet and caring. I do like him. A lot. I just don't know what to do...

Do you know?
What do I do?

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 0