The guy I like is going away, I don't know what to do?

He's travelling overseas for a month in couple of weeks.
he's not officially my boyfriend, so I feel awkward asking him to be loyal to me when he goes away
I don't know if I should try to see him lots before he goes or distance myself :(

Most Helpful Guy

• No, do NOT distance yourself. If he has any feelings for you, he will interpret that as a sign of your lack of interest and that will push him away. Go talk to him; NOT A DAMN TEXT MESSAGE! This is too important to entrust to an impersonal text message. Tell him how you feel and ask him how he feels. Yes, this puts yourself out there but finding a good relationship isn't easy. Efforts get rewarded; laziness pays a price. Talk to his as soon as possible. He's probably feeling the same way and is afraid to talk about it because he's leaving and probably feels like he has no right to ask you o be loyal to him.

What Guys Said 3

• Has he shown interest in you and know you are interested in him? If so I would see him a lot. If he does not know then it is up to you. If you want to pursue a relationship then you should see him

• If he is a close friend, you can tell him that you will miss him, and that you want to check on him and let him tell what it's like over there

• Distance yourself. Long distance relationships don't work out.

What Girls Said 1

• Be patient. A month is not that long.