He cancelled our date, only after I asked him if it was still on.. What's up?

I've known of him for awhile and recently he asked if he could take me on a date. I said sure, but he didn't set a date. There's a movie coming out that I'm interested in seeing so a few days later I asked him if he wanted to see it. He replied, "I'd love to". A few days go by and I ask him the day of the date , 3 hours before if we're still on.. He takes an hour to text back and says " I don't' think I can make it tonight ".. And that's it. Did I make a mistake in asking him to see a movie with me?

4

Most Helpful Guy

• No it isn't you it just sounds he isn't interested

What Guys Said 3

• It's likely that he just had something important come up, I wouldn't worry too much.

• No, he made a mistake in not answering you back. Ditch him.

• No. He's either really shy/nervous or he's seeing other women. I'm leaning towards the latter because he seemed cold/apathetic about the cancellation/setting up the date. Just leave it. If he's interested he'll get in touch with you. At MOST you could say well drop me a line when you want to go on that date.