I met a guy and he's a Atheist and i'm a Christian we both accept each other's beliefs, but i'm getting told this is wrong, how is this wrong?

We haven't made it official yet, but we both really like each other, and he respects my opinion and belief and i respected his, but i don't understand i thought as long we respect each other is the most important thing in a relationship?
I don't listen to my friends that much because the ones that they told me to go for it those guys broke my heart and was just leading me on. I don't care who I date as long i'm happy and knows that he will love me for who I am.

Also he wants to be there for me if i need to talk about it when it comes to my religion and he will give me his full support

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not wrong. Most people think that it can create conflict in certain situations and whatnot. If you two respect each other's opinions and beliefs and don't go over each others limits, it shouldn't matter. Don't listen to other people about who you should be with. Outsiders are outsiders and should not try to get involved in things they aren't involved in to begin with.

• Thank you and i agree with with you. I won't listen to anyone. Unless it's my parents and they are fine with whoever i date as long i'm happy

• That's good. You're welcome

What Guys Said 3

• I'm Christian myself. I would say go for it. I get along with atheists fine. Different views should not divide people but unite people.

• Thank you!!! Glad to hear this from another Christian and same here i have a few atheists as friends and we get along fine

• I don't see how its wrong, people have diffrent oppinions about everything and it doesn't seem to effect them so why would this one be any diffrent.

• Exactly! They are just assuming that we won't get along because of our beliefs which is stupid because it was the first thing he told me because he knew I was a Christian and i told him i don't mind as long you are ok with me being a Christian and he said yes. Some will think if you are a Christian you should date one

• Who told you it was wrong. If you're both happy and respectful of one another why should there be a problem?

• My friends, they just stereotyped him because he is a Atheist and didn't want to listen they told me it will get worse when we make it official. Crazy thing about this they know i have atheists as friends but they don't care about that.

• Hey, they might be right and they might not be. Just give it time and see what happens.
      God bless!

• That is true and i will and thank you! God bless to you too!

What Girls Said 2

• There's nothing wrong with that at all. As long as y'all are happy together. That's all that matters. :)

• Thank you 😊 and yes i agree

• Just think for yourself and do what you want.