Which is worse?

If you're on a dating site and send someone a message, is it worse to not get any response what so ever , or to get a message saying they're not interested?

• It's Worse to not have any response
    62% (10)40% (6)52% (16)Vote
  • It's Worse to get the rejection message
    31% (5)40% (6)35% (11)Vote
  • Other - Explain
    7% (1)20% (3)13% (4)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
5|3

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally I say getting no response is worse but it depends on the individual. I've had guys verbally attack me for saying "Sorry, I'm not interested". I would prefer a rejection then a no response. Think of it as if you are actually in the same facility as the person. Speaking as a woman, if I walked up to a guy and said "Hey, what's up?" and he pretended I didn't exist that would hurt more then him politely turning me down. Sure both are either embarrassing or total downers but at least in the polite rejection they acknowledged you.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I personally wouldn't want the rejected message... It's just awkward. It's pretty clear already if I dindnt get the reply... I don't need my heart broken too.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's worse to get a rejection message. Some people are like me---we don't log in after we made a profile... LOL. I haven't logged in for a LONG time.

Besides, I don't ever send messages. Guys do to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my mind, they're the same. If don't receive any message, it means that no one is interested in me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Getting ignored feels worse.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• I don't know why getting a rejection message makes it better. Pretty much getting no response would mean that they weren't interested in you in the first place.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd rather get the rejection message because at least then I could just move on instead of overthinking shit.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't say as I've never dated nor intent to, But, Id imagine getting rejected hurts the hardest?

0|0
    0|0