Which is worse?

If you're on a dating site and send someone a message, is it worse to not get any response what so ever , or to get a message saying they're not interested?

• It's Worse to not have any response
  • It's Worse to get the rejection message
  • Other - Explain

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally I say getting no response is worse but it depends on the individual. I've had guys verbally attack me for saying "Sorry, I'm not interested". I would prefer a rejection then a no response. Think of it as if you are actually in the same facility as the person. Speaking as a woman, if I walked up to a guy and said "Hey, what's up?" and he pretended I didn't exist that would hurt more then him politely turning me down. Sure both are either embarrassing or total downers but at least in the polite rejection they acknowledged you.

What Girls Said 4

• I personally wouldn't want the rejected message... It's just awkward. It's pretty clear already if I dindnt get the reply... I don't need my heart broken too.

• I think it's worse to get a rejection message. Some people are like me---we don't log in after we made a profile... LOL. I haven't logged in for a LONG time.

Besides, I don't ever send messages. Guys do to me.

• In my mind, they're the same. If don't receive any message, it means that no one is interested in me.

• Getting ignored feels worse.

What Guys Said 3

• I don't know why getting a rejection message makes it better. Pretty much getting no response would mean that they weren't interested in you in the first place.

• I'd rather get the rejection message because at least then I could just move on instead of overthinking shit.

• I can't say as I've never dated nor intent to, But, Id imagine getting rejected hurts the hardest?