Girls, What am I doing wrong that makes girls disinterested in me?

I treat girls right, but i'm not the clingy type either. I'm an average looking guy that is going to a 4 year university and works as a High School tutor. I'm also kind of funny and I try to be friendly with everyone, but somehow girls just seem to not be interested in me like the pretty looking ones or the average looking ones. So i'm not sure If I should just stop looking for a girlfriend and focus on my own things because getting girls is apparently not my thing. Maybe that will take my mind off them for a bit.

sorry I meant not interested.

10

Most Helpful Girl

• If I was 10 years younger, you'd be just my type! Haha. Are you sure they know you're hitting on them?

• To be honest I'm not sure for most of them haha

• Yeah maybe I have to be more straightforward. I just have trouble with it because I got rejected a lot in the past.

• I hear you. Well, don't get down on yourself. I think a lot of girls would like to get to know you better.

What Girls Said 9

• Stop looking and work on yourself. However, I don't think you should give up hope. Just do it to please yourself and eventually the right woman will come along. It's definitely not you. More so your age group in my opinion. I had the same problem when I was in my early twenties so it's the men too for the most part.

• maybe your not confident enough...

• You sound like you lack confidence, which can be smelled from a mile away.

• Have to admit that I do, but I'm working on it.

• I approach some girls, but not the really pretty ones because they kind of intimidate me... smh

• I think you need to approach the pretty girls as you do the average ones by using the same tactics (and blocking any negative thought or intimidating feeling that rises up). Who knows? You might get a bite.

• Maybe you don't give a vibe of genuine interest?

• Yeah it's better to focus on what you have versus what you don't. Because if you keep focusing on what you don't have. You'll over look and take for granted what you have and be really unhappy.

• How do you approach girls you're interested in and what do you say?

• I do it in a polite way. I'm not like those guys that are like " Hey baby how's it going?" lol

• Well I've tried to tell some of the girls that I liked that I wanted to go out with them, but they rejected me. So that's why I changed my approach by going the friends route. Not even that seems to work.

• So it really comes down to confidence and you needing to be more straight forward. Going the friend route can work sometimes but not all the time. One of my close friends boyfriend was her guy friend for almost a year before he asked her out. Personally I wouldn't waste anymore time doing that unless you really see a long term future with the person.
      Work on confidence and being more straightforward. Maybe dress to impress as well? Also try going to dating socials or having a female friend act as your wing woman to take the pressure off you.

• Just live your life doing what you love and the right girl will come along. My advice is to not go out deliberately looking for a girlfriend because you'll get disappointed a lot.

• Maybe you should just stop looking 😃 just let it happen on its own

• Try to work out what you've done each time a girl has rejected you, if its fixable, fix it, if it isn't don't worry about it because you probably haven't found the right girl yet.